1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Ping Service

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Supriyo, May 6, 2013.

I have seen many fellow bloggers are using ping services. I am yet to use this. Before using ping service, I like to know what it is and what are the advantages of using ping service. Can someone please explain it?

Supriyo, May 6, 2013 IP
  2. revenue4u

revenue4u Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of ping services, including a built-in service within Wordpress itself. Ping services notify a list of agencies that a new blog entry has occurred on your blog. That way, if the person notified wants to see the new entry, they can come and take a look.

revenue4u, May 6, 2013 IP
  3. Supriyo

Supriyo Member

Best Answers:
    I see, so what's the relationship between the services and those agencies, who are being notified? Can you name some of those services and agencies?

Supriyo, May 6, 2013 IP
  4. VPSNine

VPSNine Member

Best Answers:
    The ping actually can be sent to a number of different search engines and blog aggregation services, you can set who it gets sent to. Basically it helps get your content published to others can find it.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(blogging) and http://pingomatic.com/

VPSNine, May 6, 2013 IP
  5. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's a great easy way to get more traffic to your blog, I've used it before with great results.

ninjamtlt1, May 6, 2013 IP
  6. Supriyo

Supriyo Member

Best Answers:
    When I am pinging my blog to blog directories and search engines, should I ping the homepage URL or URLs of each blog post?

Supriyo, May 6, 2013 IP
  7. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ping is the another way to index your website fast. Ping one url again and again may harmful for your website. Minimum 7 days required to ping one url again & again.

humtuma, May 6, 2013 IP