1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is netbook? How its different from laptops?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamuna, Jul 29, 2009.

What is netbook? How its different from laptops?
    Are they suitable web browsing with photo editing jobs?

jamuna, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  2. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They're small cheap laptops that can connect to the internet. No good for graphics and editing photos though.

qazu, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  3. bnandika

bnandika Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have both, from my experience using MSI Wind netbook, it perfect for mobile user because the small size, very lightweight and battery life more than 5 hours. For web browsing, email, and office programs it runs perfectly, I can still do photo editing with light programs but for photoshop cs 3 or newer it's not recommended

bnandika, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  4. Luc

Luc Active Member

Best Answers:
    They run on very low power processors which gives the long battery life. Drawback is that they have small screens / small keyboards.

Luc, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  5. jamuna

jamuna Active Member

Best Answers:
    small screens / small keyboards is the greatest drawback

jamuna, Jul 30, 2009 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    They are great for portable broadband access, video conferencing on the road, and other communications.
    I take mine almost everywhere, even to the bar during games to keep up with stats, fantasy play,and "IM"ing other fans and friends during the game.

I wouldn't buy one as a full computing solution, or use one for any kind of creative work (editing, photoshop, etc)

hmansfield, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  7. dunno

dunno Peon

Best Answers:
    10" laptops have very usable keyboards unlike the 9". The extra inch makes a huge difference.

dunno, Aug 4, 2009 IP
  8. doku

doku Peon

Best Answers:
    one thing to be sure.. netbook doesn't come with optical drive (dvd/cd)
    the best part when it goes to mobility -the winner- netbook
    due to the size and function, if you only use for type based and internet surfing
    just go for netbook
    anything for graphic or photo editing, use laptop

doku, Aug 5, 2009 IP
  9. h@cker

h@cker Peon

Best Answers:
    A netbook is a laptop computer designed for wireless communication and access to the Internet.It has low powered processor like intel atom and has less graphic capabilities.

h@cker, Aug 6, 2009 IP
  10. bisdak

bisdak Peon

Best Answers:
    A netbook is designed for simple mobile computing like emails, internet surfing and word processing. the processors used are usually the Intel Atom type which uses less power. It usually does not include an optical drive.

bisdak, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  11. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm two hour away from home PC but i able to online cause netbook nvr too far from me ...
    Pro: light weight (u won't realize the weight so u carry it everywhere ...
    Con: so far nothing for pure online and doc usage. (slight complaint on the right shift key)

SonnyCooL, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  12. ryantb

ryantb Peon

Best Answers:
    Netbooks are a great buy for a person always moving. Long battery life, decent processor nowadays thanks to Intel Atom, some even have a respectable graphics card. Drawback is the small screen and that most are underpowered.

ryantb, Aug 11, 2009 IP
  13. TechnoNoob

TechnoNoob Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes.. This article http://www.blobify.co.cc/2012/04/what-is-netbook-so-i-am-hearing-lot.html sums up in brief what a netbook is... It is just a small laptop which is very affordable.

TechnoNoob, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  14. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    Is netbook same like chromebook? does any one can tell about netbook, like how it works?

josefaryan, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  15. jezreelmt

jezreelmt Peon

Best Answers:
    Notebooks are more handy compare to laptops, that is its only advantage I think. Notebooks suit to an IT people that always travel and always get connected to the internet.

jezreelmt, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  16. mehulpsoni

mehulpsoni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    notebooks are very useful when u always want to carry computing with you anywhere... surfing, watching movies, 'im'ing for all.. business and entertainment both...

mehulpsoni, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  17. Fedricwalls

Fedricwalls Peon

Best Answers:
    Some talk about Netbooks such as: Netbook limitations other than performance. Netbooks having small screens, lack of optical drive, and constricted keyboard and influence price. On the other way if we talking about Laptop, these are more better in the way of features and performances with having user friendly environments.

Fedricwalls, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  18. breactiv

breactiv Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just go to a showroom, take a netbook in your hand and see for yourself. Or look at youtube at people handling notebooks and you'll notice the obvious differences. The small display (10 inch or 11 is better, if you want to see everything clearer) and the not so comfortable keyboard is one of the first things it strikes you from the beginning. But they are much lightweight then a laptop, you can carry a netbook wherever you go and the battery life is much better than that of a laptop (look for the ones with more battery cells).

breactiv, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  19. henrykcondrad

henrykcondrad Member

Best Answers:
    Netbooks are mostly used for easy web-browsing and for things like microsoft word, it can't be used for heavy duty gaming and stuff like photo editing like most powerful laptops.

henrykcondrad, Jun 19, 2012 IP
  20. janinjackson

janinjackson Peon

Best Answers:
    The difference between laptops and netbooks may seem very vague, but there is certainly space for both to function. If you've got a laptop, even reading this on one, lift it up. Feel the weight of it. Ask yourself, do I need all this extra space? Would I be better off with something smaller and lighter - if the answers yes, browse around the site.

janinjackson, Jun 24, 2012 IP