1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is needed when doing a integration with ebay and php pro bid?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Silverbell, Mar 25, 2013.

I have a website with PHPProBid and with a eBay Listing Import. I already have the mod for it to import all listings from Ebay to my website.

What I also need is this feature:
    When people import auctions to our site from eBay and the item sell's on eBay the item must be deleted from our site or if the item sell's on our site it must be deleted from eBay.

I'm told this may need a CornJob and API from eBay.

Can anyone tell me whats exactly needed to do this? The process and how much work is involved?

Thank you

Silverbell, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  2. Vick.Kumar

Vick.Kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

There isn't much required, you need to find a PHP Developer who's free and willing to do this for a reasonable price.

You can read here for what the eBay API does:
    http://developer.ebay.com/common/api/

and you can most likely find a developer to help you on 'freelancer'.

(Before you ask, I'm flat out with 3 projects at the moment)

Vick.Kumar, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  3. Silverbell

Silverbell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you think £135.00 is too expensive for this project? I have had an offer of that price and it seems a lot to me, that's why I needed to know what was involved to try and see what is a reasonable price to charge. Does it take many hours work? Sorry to ask but I have no idea about PHP code.

Silverbell, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  4. Vick.Kumar

Vick.Kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Anywhere from $50-$100 is "reasonable", because they're only required to write a module which deletes an item if sold on eBay, to delete from your store.

It would just require a 'cronjob' script to run daily to see/validate which products on your store are still not sold on eBay, and if it sold on eBay it just updates your stores item information to sold/delete it from your store.

It would merely be just a few lines of code of checking on eBay using their API and your store items etc if it's sold or not, and if it is just postback a database query to delete the time from your store.

Doesn't really sound like it's worth '£135.00'.Try and negotiate with the developer.

I'm not being rude, but your one of those type of people that "greedy developers" could con into paying hundreds, I'm glad you posted here first though :) now you're aware.

5. Silverbell

Silverbell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh no its OK your not being rude, you are completely correct, because I don't know anything about it, they could try and get more out of me.

Thank you so much for your advice. I'm not having any luck on freelancer with decent bids (only two over the 135 mark) Can you recommend anyone else for this job as your busy or a site other than freelancer to try and find a programmer?

Are we talking then could do this in a few hours?

Thank you so much for all your help.

6. Vick.Kumar

Vick.Kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I've sent you an inbox. I might be able to help you after a few days, if not I'll ask few buddies around that maybe able to help you too :)

7. Silverbell

Silverbell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many thanks

8. MyVodaFone

MyVodaFone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You wont be able to delete anything from eBay unless you yourself put it there... meaning its required to login on ebay from the person who put the ad there... I doubt anyone will share their ebay login details with a third party site.

Deleting anything from your own site based on something sold on ebay is of course possible.

MyVodaFone, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  9. Silverbell

Silverbell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Now I am even more confused as People have bid on it saying it can be done and others have contacted me giving prices for it to be done :/

10. Vick.Kumar

Vick.Kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't rush into anything that you may regret later. For example, like 'MyVodaFone' said. Sharing eBay information can be very risky with people (or developers) you don't know. It can possibly me a very massive security issue to you, and your company/business/website.

You're better of dealing with your previous developer or someone you can trust.

11. Silverbell

Silverbell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately my current programmer is a great guy but doesn't know how to implement this. Sorry for my wording I do not want to delete Ebay auctions if they sell on my website, I need it to unlist them for any users that imported them to my website if they sell on my website and not ebay and vice versa. This is for all users not just myself.

12. MyVodaFone

Best Answers:
    So.. just to be sure I and others understand ?

Import to your site -> yes it possible, but you knew that...
    Sold on either ebay or your site and delete from your site -> yes

Sell on your site, delete or unlist from ebay ? No cant be done, unless you placed the ad or the person that placed the ad on ebay supplies his/her ebay login details to you, which then could be implemented in to a script. But its highly unlikely that anyone would do that... and I wouldn't be surprised if its against the TOS of ebay to share details like that with a third party site.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  13. Silverbell

Silverbell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes I want to be able to import my sellers items from ebay and then remove items from your my site when they sell or end on ebay, and remove items sold on my site from ebay .

Sites like http://www.bidstart.com which use a different script to run but i assume they have to contact ebay the same way have a system that does this.

They say this :

So im getting confused why it cant be done but some people say it can be done, would be great to get to the bottom of this so can either give up on the idea or suss it out :/

14. MyVodaFone

Best Answers:
    I get what your saying... so its ebay shops your talking about... not sure how they work, do they allow multiply users to access them ?

I see bidstart have had their API approved by ebay... if you get your own be careful to follow ebays criteria on such matters.

15. Silverbell

Silverbell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes just Ebay shops and on my stores, not normal users sorry. Where did you see they have it approved by ebay i only saw ebay compatible?

Does anyone here know how they have created this for stores and if at all possible for my website, Thank you

16. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I need some one to intergrate phpprobid v7 in to ebay so user can import products from their ebay store.

swiftsaves, Dec 29, 2015 IP