1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is myspace?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by farooqaaa, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello guys,

I have an account at myspace but i dont know for what does it is uses :confused:. I asked this becuase at "Buy/Sell/Trade" forum alot of people are posting "Mypace account with xxxx friends","WTB myspace bulletins".......

Can someone tell me in detail?

Thanks

farooqaaa, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  2. national-parks

national-parks Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a community web site.

national-parks, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  3. Talker

Talker Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i want to know more about MySpace as well.
    Can anyone elaborate the benefits of creating a MySpace ?

Talker, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  4. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace is the biggest online community in the world with over 112+ million users, its the best way to promote your site or what ever else you have, you can do it the legit way by paying myspace 1 million dollars to post banners all over the place or you can advertise on your personal account, bulletins are messages sent out to every one on your list on a bulletin board, if the users you send it to has 1000's of peopel in their own account they wont even see it, when make a new account its very very hard to add vast numbers of people as myspace limits these accounts to the max, you have to be a member for many months before you get to do every thing on it.

Now some quick info on accounts -

People set up fake accounts or rip of bands and get high friend numbers via adding programs, the things is now you had to have added people on fake accounts ages ago as now its way to hard to create them as every one is "sus" on fake accounts and as soon as they see advertising they report/delete you.

Almost every band thats big has a myspace account set up, so your chances of ripping off bands and making a fake band account are like 0.01% now days, the people who have accounts with very high friend numbers are people who have made fake band accounts ages ago and tricked people to believe their the real band, myspace is really cracking down on these accounts now and if you have one and a real band complains you basically gone.

Also people who have high friend accounts may be commonly known as "pishers"sp? these people are like hackers who steal information from other users to acquire a number of logins, they have 1000s and 1000s of logins...once aggain if some one has 1 million friends the chances are their a hacker with a number of smaller accounts is very high.

Connections, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  5. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No its like the worrlds largest community portal. The best thing to do with it is :D :D is just stick all your website links on your profile and get some nice free PR5 backlinks :D :D Cant go wrong with can you???

Jasonb, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  6. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah pr5 back links or if your profiles getting 10 thousand hits a day u can go higher :D

Connections, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  7. farooqaaa

farooqaaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info guys :). All of you have green reps :p. hehe.

I will start promoting my Myspace account + i will get some real friends now instead of fakes :D.

farooqaaa, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  8. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:
    You can blog there. Good community.

n.b, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  9. psyberweb

psyberweb Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah a nice place. a goldmine for people sending bulletins.

psyberweb, Sep 23, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.