1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is MySpace bulletin?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Libertate, Dec 10, 2006.

Let me pull on my asbestos shorts...

Now... I see everyone and their mother talking about doing this and that with MySpace bulletins...

Are MySpace bulletins a "short message" (how long/short? What format can it be?) to "friends" within MySpace? How long such bulletin normally stays in the "friend's" bulletin inbox?

What are examples of good MySpace bulletins? What content seems to draw people?

I presume there can be live links in it. Can it be HTML, or is it sort of a BBCode-ish?

Can you post a link to some successful MySpace bulletins?

Thanks!

Libertate, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  2. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    It stays in the freinds bulletin inbox (top 5) til others spam yours down from it.. then they can also click on view all bulletins but thats not as effective...

good myspace bulletins are bulletins that are related to myspace and not totally unrelated advertising ;p

Seiya, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  3. Libertate

Libertate Guest

Best Answers:
    I am sorry but I am not sure I understand what you are writing.

Libertate, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  4. VulcanStudios

VulcanStudios Peon

Best Answers:
    A myspace bulletin is a message that you create on myspace.com
    The message has a title that you usually want to be catchy so people open it. And the main page. The main page can handle embedded content such as images or even flash. The purpose of a bulletin is that that one message that you make is viewable by all your friends and can't be deleted.

When they say they market it it's because they build profiles with thousands of friends then send out a bulletin saying hey look at my cool new graphics with a sample of their graphics (ie layouts, glitters) and their friends see it in the bulletin say cool and visit their site.

VulcanStudios, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  5. ltwo

ltwo Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ what he said, i might add, people steal account logins, and post bulletins, thats why you'll see people ask if the bulletins are legit, meaning if they're being posted from hacked, phished or just 'whored' or 'marketed accounts. 'whored' or 'marketed' accounts are safer to send from, wont give your company/website a bad brand.

a successful bulletin usually is promoting another myspace account, telling them to add to their friends, or some of the following words, if not all: "omg", "LOLZQ!" "HAHAAA".. etc. Myspace related sites seem to do well with bulletin posting, as well as proxy, and content based sites.

ive done quite a bit promotion for video type sites, which just post videos, and people enjoy the video so much, end up visiting the site, but to the very least, it'd help put that name in their head.

ltwo, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  6. Libertate

Libertate Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you.

So, a MySpace bulletin first needs to/should lead the "friends" to the bulletin originator's MySpace page - then in turn, if the content is compelling enough, to the marketed web site?

If such marketing is to be successful, one must make sure their MySpace profile/site/page is very compelling, correct?

Libertate, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  7. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure , the myspace page has to fit the message you are trying to send. Succesful myspace pages are either funny or very engaging. Celebrity myspace pages usually do well also.

To one of your earlier questions: the code used is simply normal HTML.

I use bulletins to promote my website: content that is. Since bulletins get deleted after 10 days it is useful to combine them with the myspace blog - so people can see the type of thing your profile is about. I usually send out the exact same message that is also in my blog.

kh7, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  8. Amoy

Amoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    i never read any of my bulletins

Amoy, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  9. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I get responses and thanks for the ones I send out. But that does not mean everybody reads them - just that a decent percentage of people do.

kh7, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  10. Libertate

Libertate Guest

Best Answers:
    Anyone can point/link to some good examples?

Libertate, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  11. mk++

mk++ Peon

Best Answers:
    hey myspace bulletin new marketing event but this is spam me too

mk++, Dec 11, 2006 IP