1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is Lsi In Seo

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Arvind Khanna, Feb 4, 2013.

hello Digital Point,

I want to know about the use and benefits of LSI (Latent semantic indexing). how it is beneficial for the SEO.

Arvind Khanna, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  2. deepak1

deepak1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont know detail information plz tell me LSI (Latent semantic indexing).

deepak1, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  3. preetsoftech

preetsoftech Peon

Best Answers:
    LSI (Latent semantic indexing) in SEO !! , me too really do not know about this friend, if you get any info about this, then please refer here ,

preetsoftech, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  4. signorm68

signorm68 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a bit complicated and it is about more advanced language and SEO knowledge. It is all about so called natural language processing

This is about how search engines becomes more 'smart' they don't just count words, rather than that they learn what are synonyms, and similar stuffs. It is best to start from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latent_semantic_analysis

signorm68, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  5. sham2

sham2 Member

Best Answers:
    It means you should not emphesize on just using your keywords in content but you also use related words synonems and many more.

sham2, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  6. Sashakta

Sashakta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I Don't know, thanks for sharing this topics.

Sashakta, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  7. SASA Techno

SASA Techno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Latent semantic indexing is an indexing and retrieval adjustment that uses a algebraic address alleged atypical amount atomization to analyze patterns in the relationships amid the agreement and concepts independent in an baggy accumulating of text. LSI is based on the assumption that words that are acclimated in the aforementioned contexts tend to accept agnate meanings. A key affection of LSI is its adeptness to abstract the conceptual agreeable of a physique of argument by establishing associations amid those agreement that action in agnate contexts.

SASA Techno, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  8. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Latent Semantic Indexing is useless and has been redundant for a while.
    It was just made up by some savvy online marketeers to sell an additional service.
    It is real, but not how you may have been sold to understand it.

Many actual tests have been done to disprove LSI.

Just continue to write great content with the user in mind. Google is smart enough to work off your keywords and understand exactly what you are are attempting to rank for.

inet, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  9. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    LSI is Latent Semantic Indexing. It works on the premise that words used in the same context on the same article mean the same thing. In SEO, this means that using variations of your target keywords on your article increases its relevance to your target keyword. I think it does have merit. Most of the time, you would end up using variations or synonyms of your target keyword because you can only use your target keyword once every hundred words or so.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder what would happen if you searched it in Google? OMG, I found this!!!

How is it beneficial to SEO? It's not, in SEO terms it's just a load of BS to make SEO people seem oh so smart. It is, in fact, just very misused and all they are trying to say is use synonyms. The truth is, be very careful how you use synonyms. For more information, read this:

http://insidesearch.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/search-quality-highlights-65-changes.html

The fact is, it's not the first Google update regarding synonyms either.

Read above.

ryan_uk, Feb 5, 2013 IP