1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is keyword competition?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seovcim, Jul 19, 2018.

Hey Guys,

Yes, Now we measuring competition from semrush and many more analysis tools, i am stuck at a point while analyzing my key word "ppc Services" below you can see the result where we have found (search volume, no.of results, cpc, competition), so i just want to know that what is meaning of 0.67 in competition, does it mean that it is too competitive and take much time to rank.
    According to this result how much the keyword would be taking to rank.
    well the keyword difficulty for this keyword is just 12.

Can you please help me to understand the result and keywords competition and time measurement of keyword ranking.
    [​IMG]

seovcim, Jul 19, 2018 IP
  2. marcodiversi

marcodiversi Active Member

Best Answers:
    hello,

I have ranked many competitive keywords, according to me it doesn't really matter at the end of the day is Google that decides based on things we can not understand.

The most important metrics are search volume and if you want to keyword difficulty, a competition of 0.62 is not that competitive but it is pretty competitive, but don't focus too much on these results, if you feel like you can beat your competitors just go for it as long as there is a lot of search volume and in this case 720 is not that much!

I would add another word and make it a 3 words KW with a little bit higher search volume.

marcodiversi, Jul 20, 2018 IP
  3. Lauriat

Lauriat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are mixing 2 things, competition of organic search results and advertising competition.

0.67 refers to competition for adword keywords, it's nothing to do with SEO or organic search results.

Keywords difficulty is what you need to be looking at, 12 is very easy.

Lauriat, Jul 20, 2018 IP
  4. Jenniferrachel

Jenniferrachel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keyword competition is the measure of how difficult it will be to rank for a particular keyword. The competition for a keyword can vary depending on how popular the keyword is and industry competition.

Jenniferrachel, Jul 23, 2018 IP
  5. CorneliaAlan

CorneliaAlan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keyword competition is the measure of how difficult it will be to rank for a particular keyword. The competition for a keyword can vary depending on how popular the keyword is and industry competition.

CorneliaAlan, Jul 24, 2018 IP
  6. davidjackson

davidjackson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    keywords competition means how many website used that particulars keywords. More popular keywords are more competitive keywords.

davidjackson, Jul 24, 2018 IP
  7. Hostfinch

Hostfinch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Analyzing keyword competitiveness isn’t easy task, If you are looking for a free way, I can’t help but recommend Google’s Keyword Planner because it is the best free keyword research tool.

You need a seed keyword to insert into the tool, so that it will unveil related keywords with high search volume. In case you want to get more keywords a webpage rank for, landing page field helps you out.

Hostfinch, Jul 26, 2018 IP
  8. peeter black

peeter black Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simple solution
    when we search any keyword in google, you will see under google search bar about .. some result in numbers.. also you will see time in 0.44 sec etc..

different different keywords different-different result with time..

it is Google search results loading time..

high competition Keywords = more about result and more time

Less competition keywords = less time and limited about result show

if you still not understand visit www.seoservicesit.com

peeter black, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  9. eFusion World

eFusion World Member

Best Answers:
    Competition refers to the amount of Google Adwords customers competing for a particular keyword. To get the most out of Google's Adwords keywords competition tool, you should target thousands of low competition keywords. Ignore the really expensive keywords, and go after the long tail low competition keywords.

eFusion World, Aug 1, 2018 IP
  10. Aman Sareen

Aman Sareen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword competition depends upon on Google search ads, also if we talk about SERP, It depends upon other factors to get rank organically in search engines.

1) Volume of keyword
    2) CPC bidding
    3) Use SEMrush, how many people are running ads on that particular keyword
    4) Keyword Difficulty
    5) Domain Authority
    6) Backlinks profile of your competitors for that particular keyword
    7) SERP Loading time keyword results

Aman Sareen, Nov 17, 2018 IP