1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by sami, Oct 23, 2006.

1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    The context speaks for itself. Probably why you chose to post some different scriptures to cover up the contradictions of the quran.

I don't. Bush contends over and over and over that islam is a religion of peace and that it's just a "tiny minority" that have twisted the meanings of the quran. Odd that you bring this up, because for all the nutjobs on this forum that accuse Bush of lying, but can never back it up, this is actually one area I'm convinced he knows better and is lying. But, I realize why he's doing it to. To expose the truth of islam by leader of the free world would do more harm than good.

I look at islam from the perspective it gives. World domination, convert or die, beheadings, murders, bombings of airplanes, hotels, buses, cars, trains, subways and just about anything that has a lung. Motoons riots, Pope riots, fake quran in the toilet riots, French riots (that largely go unreported here in the US). I see signs that say "behead those who insult islam," "death to America," "death to Israel." I see islam for the example it sets for the rest of the world and those who attempt to skew that perception through denial, deceit and making excuses for their intolerance.

In essence, I see islam for what it really is through the actions of it's followers.

GTech, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  2. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you think my statement is dumb...and you are right, Christians have received grace....along with everyone else. That is the point of grace isn't it? I was just making the case that every religion has its extremes.

d16man, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of starting over each time. Just refer Sami to the countless other islam threads, let sami read up and continue the conversation. Starting over square one each time has gotten boring.

lorien1973, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  4. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ...from the now iraq, the place where it happened.;)

Arnie, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  5. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya, I have some here myself, then I get accused of "picking on" poor terrorists.
    The entire Quran is a book made up to suit a mad mans needs and desires.

The worst part about all of it is what Muslims do to EACH OTHER in the name of Allah. And most of them are so afraid and brainwashed they cannot conceive a life outside Islam.

No Muslim has ever done anything to me personally, but then, neither have the Nazi's. But I still see Nazism for what it is and I despise it. The same is true of Islam. I don't hate Muslims; I am not against Muslims in a general sense. My heart hurts for them.

suitsme, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  6. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    I realized when Menj mocked mercy that Islam is a lost cause.

Islam is a breeding ground for wickedness because it fails to teach what love, mercy, forgiveness and grace really are.

"If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. "

I challenge a Muslim to find the most inspirational definition of love, mercy, forgiveness and/or grace from the Koran and to post it.

http://www.hauns.com/~DCQu4E5g/koran2.html

Even Google will enlighten you to how lost Islam is.

Do a search for "Bible love" and then for "Koran love" and compare the results. So yes, what a wonderful religion Islam is if you have no concern for love.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Themes/love.htm

That's a very enlightening study that really shows how shallow the Koran is.

KalvinB, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  7. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you kalvin...

suitsme, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  8. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    lorien1973, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mia, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  10. sami

sami Peon

Best Answers:
    If i will agree with you about that then we can say that Christians are blood suckers, killers, ..ets according to what Americans and Britons have done and doing in Iraq, Afganistan.

Your base is wronge you don't judge any religion by the actions of it's followers you, but you judge the principles of the religion and relate it to the actions of it's followers.

Islam is against terrorism and extremism, the people who are doing these are doing it in the name of Islam for political reasons, they absolutely have nothing to do with islam.

sami, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  11. sami

sami Peon

Best Answers:
    By KalvinB

What crimes have they commit?

''Cut off (from the wrist joint) the (right) hand of the thief, male or female, as a recompense for that which they committed, a punishment by way of example from Allah. And Allah is All Powerful, All Wise.'' 4:38

''Look, how they invent a lie against Allah, and enough is that as a manifest sin.'' 3:50

''And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame; But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors;'' 23:5,6,7

''The believers, men and women, are supporters of one another, they enjoin (on the people) good, and forbid (people) from evil; they perform the prayer and give the Zakaat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.'' 9:71

''Worship Allah and join none with Him in worship, and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, the poor, the neighbour who is near of kin, the neighbour who is a stranger, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess. Verily, Allah does not like such as are proud and boastful;'' 3:36

At the end of any war that was in the prophet's time the winner gets the booties of the loser, in this chapter Allah(almighty) ordered the prophet(PBUH) to divide the booties on the poor and necessitous equally.

Please stop saying lies. if you want to disscus any point please do respectably.

cheers

sami, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  12. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Sami, please read the other islam threads before continuing this. We've all been down this same road before. If you can answer some of the basic questions in those threads; then you can proceed. K?

lorien1973, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  13. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Sami: thanks for proving the original writer correct.

KalvinB, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  14. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    If that is true that islam is a religion of death then Christianity advocates white supremacy, anti-Semitism, racism, anti-Catholicism, homophobia, and nativism.

KKK members were Christian ;)

LinkSales, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  15. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    *insert hit and run comment here*

16. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a quote that pretty much sums Islam up for me,

"...average Muslim having a curious tendency to believe that non-Muslims either know that Islam is the truth and reject it out of pure obstinacy, or else are simply ignorant of it and can be converted by elementary explanations; that anyone should be able to oppose Islam with a good conscience quite exceeds the Muslim's powers of imagination, precisely because Islam coincides in his mind with the irresistible logic of things'. (Stations of Wisdom). How true this is will strike anyone who has tried to have a rational discussion on religion with a Muslim born of Muslim parents and raise d in a Muslim culture.

Islam is fundamentalist by nature, and not by some peculiar and aberrant recent development. All Muslims, not just the fanatics, believe that every word of the Quran is quite literally the word of God, absolutely and unquestionably true for all times, places, and people, and practically the same goes for the hadith and the sharia. Anyone who wishes to argue that the fanatics' interpretation of these elements is wrong and that a far more `liberal' interpretation can be made and that that is the real Islam, have really only their own tastes and inclinations to support them. There is no Pope in Islam, nor any Councils with authority to impose a Creed. The fanatic who thinks that all unbelievers should be killed has just as much authority as the Sufi who thinks that all religions are true and that even atheists go to heaven. Both parties could adduce Quranic texts and hadith to support their positions, and both would be drawing, in their own minds, upon the immutable word of God."

A review of the book, "Why I am not a Muslim" by Ibn al-Rawandi

suitsme, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  17. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Maybe the women could just stop making muslim men rape them!

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20646437-601,00.html

How enlightened.

18. suitsme

suitsme Peon

Best Answers:
    The intellectual and religious deficiencies of women are stated in the following Hadith found in Sahih al-Bukhari which is considered by Muslim scholars to be "The most authentic book after the Book of Allah (ie. the Qur'an)":[13]

"Allah's Apostle once said to a group of women: 'I have not seen any one more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious, sensible man could be led astray by some of you.' The women asked: 'O Allah's Apostle, what is deficient in our intelligence and religion?' He said: 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said: 'This is the deficiency of your intelligence' ... 'Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?' The women replied in the affirmative. He said: 'This is the deficiency in your religion.'"

The authenticity of the above Hadith is undisputed. It is reported by the two most reliable collections of Hadith; Bukhari and Muslim. The agreement of Bukhari and Muslim on its authenticity makes it (mutafaqun 'alayhi) 'agreed upon', which is the highest degree of authenticity. The above Hadith has been accepted and used by eminent scholars, such as Ghazali, Ibn al-'Arabi, Razi, Suyouti, Qortobi, Nawawi, and Ibn Kathir, in their writings.

The above Hadith does not describe women only in early Islam, but it is a description for all times, so long as 'women can neither pray nor fast during their menses' and so long as 'the evidence of two women is equal to the witness of one man.' This reasoning is not a temporary one, but is rooted in and derived from the Qur'an for all time until the day of resurrection.

Aside from the holy writings, the evidence of the oppression of women in Islam is undisputable and undeniable.

suitsme, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  19. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know better than that GTech. Evidence for conspiracies show bush is lying, and hiding something.

BRUm, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  20. rezx

rezx Peon

Best Answers:
    All religion should be respected regardless of what a person might be following. Its true these days a lot of confused people defines new religion out of themselves - but regardless of the fact, I think its better to show equal respect to all religion. Facts and figures would just rekindle hatred amongst people of different religion and races. I just dream of a world where all human could live in peace and everyone could follow their own religion without interruption. I still dream - like all of you guys.

rezx, Oct 27, 2006 IP