1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is Islam?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by sami, Oct 23, 2006.

UNDERSTANDING ISLAM

Islam is not a new religion, but the same truth that God has revealed to all His prophets throughout history. Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Elias, Jonah, John the Baptist, and Jesus, (peace be upon them all) Therefore, Islam is not a new religion but the continuation and culmination of preceding monotheistic religion- For this reason, the Prophet Muhammad was not the founder of a new religion, as many people mistakenly think, rather he is the Final Prophet of Islam. The Arabic word "Islam" means "submission" and derives from a word meaning "peace". The Quran proclaims in verse 3:19 "The only religion approved by God is Submission." (Islam) - In a religious context it means complete submission to the will of God and anyone who does so is called a "Muslim", "If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God) it will never be accepted of Him" (quran 3:85) Jesus told his followers just like the prophets that had come before him that they should surrender their will to the will of GOD; (which is Islam) and GOD warned them to stay away from the false Gods of human imagination. " Jesus replied, ". . . The first of all the commandments is; Hear O Israel! The Lord our God is one Lord. You shall love the Lord with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength." Mark 12:30 `

The religion of Submission, whose religious laws are detailed in the Quran, dictates upon each human to worship God alone (51:56). This basic law is also known as the first commandment or the greatest commandment in the Old and New Testament. The word Submission is not the name of a religion, but rather it is a description. Submission is the total submission and devotion to God ALONE. Thus anyone who can bring himself or herself to believe in God within the confines of the first commandment is a submitter (In Arabic: Muslim). The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of GOD. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the majority have nothing to do with the extremely grave events which have come to be associated with their faith.

The name of God's religion lslam was not decided upon by man. It was chosen by GOD Himself and is clearly mentioned in His final revelation -the Quran.
    This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. (quran 5:3)

We learn from the Quran that all of Gods prophets/messengers, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, etc. . . . preached the same message of Submission i.e (Islam) "And behold GOD will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary Did you tell the people "Worship me and my mother as deities besides GOD. He will say-"Glory to you It is not right for me to say what I had no right (to say')" (quran 5:116
    " Truly the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight is as Adam's likeness; He created him of dust, then He said upon him, 'Be' and he was" (quran 3:59).
    "Abraham was not a Jew nor Christian; but an upright Muslim." (quran 3:67)
    He has commanded that you only worship Him; that is the right religion, but most men do not understand ". (quran 12:40)

FAQs about Islam: http://quranwithdvd.com/UnderstandingIslam.html

sami, Oct 23, 2006 IP
    legend2 and kasbati like this.
  2. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your insight...I will not dispute anything about Islam since I do not follow it. However, I do wish that everyone who followed Islam really practiced what they preached. Unfortunately for the world, this can be said about any religion. (How many christians out there don't sin?) Thank you for your insight.

d16man, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here we go again :rolleyes: Send in another trooper.

lorien1973, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    What is Islam?
    Who cares!

fryman, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  5. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Islam is simply a tool to destabilize societies and create public unrest

What else is there to say nothing

britishguy, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  6. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The most perfect example of open-mindedness I've *EVER* seen! (not!)

Umm if it was meant to create public unrest then how come Muslims aren't overthrowing our government?

chulium, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  7. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a rather disgusting statement. There will be radicals in any group.

LinkSales, Oct 23, 2006 IP
    legend2 likes this.
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I knew there was a reason I took a dump before logging back on tonight.. Oh brother...

Mia, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  9. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    What is islam?

A cult, that's responsible for most of the world's suffering. Wherever the quran is, death and destruction is not far away.

GTech, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That pretty much sums it up.

Mia, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  11. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Pleased to note that people who have your opinion are in the majority :)

We would be in one hell of a mess if we were in the minority :eek:

britishguy, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks Sami, I enjoyed reading your post:)
    Peace

Rebecca, Oct 23, 2006 IP
    legend2 likes this.
  13. sami

sami Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is it the responsible for most of the world's suffering? and how does the Quran relate to death and distruction??

sami, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  14. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    You'll have to look up some of my posts here. Quite a few actually. You could start with a site that specifically keeps track of the misery islam brings to the world, then follow up with some reading here.

GTech, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  15. Dead Corn

Dead Corn Peon

Best Answers:
    Folks who are muslim, the great majority, who are good are good inspite of their religion, not because of it.

Christians are only good because of their religion.

Christ is the Old Testament fulfilled. We are saved by Grace. We do not earn it.

Islam tells it's followers that they can earn it - eternal happiness - heaven.

Islam, and by example of its very "Messenger", teaches that one can earn salvation, justification, purification even by the very blood on ones hands.

The only blood Christ ever shed for us was His own.

Jhn 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

How on earth, how in heaven, could such a clear definition, such innocence, be so tragically misinterpreted?

Mark me, this is war of cataclism, all is at stake.

Dead Corn, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  16. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Christians aren't perfect, they've just received the grace of God.

sebastya, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  17. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    600 years after Jesus, Arabs didn't have any translation of the Scriptures.
    It was only muhammad who had contact to an old priest and later killed him. There was nothing known about Jesus and the Gospel to the vast majority.

Why is everything in the quran so assuming?

Arnie, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  18. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought Islam was just Malsi, a friend of mine whose name spelled backwards gives that name :D

Mystique, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  19. sami

sami Peon

Best Answers:
    by GTech

these are verses of the Quran. next time read the context cearfully please.:)

''Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity.

It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion, and have driven you out of your homes, and helped to drive you out, that Allah forbids you to befriend them. And whosever will befriend them, then such are the wrong-doers.
    ''(60:8)(60:9)

Allah (almighty) said in the Quran: ''O humankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who is most pious. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.
    ''49:13

This is what Muslims believe in.
    Don't look at Islam from George Bush's perspective.:rolleyes:

cheers

sami, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  20. sami

sami Peon

Best Answers:
    Mate, we are talking about history here. Not movies!!!!:eek:
    where did you get that from ????!!!:confused:

sami, Oct 24, 2006 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.