1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Google "Panda" ??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ukfinancials007, Apr 6, 2011.

1. FastCashMoney

FastCashMoney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    LOL, jokes....

Here's some honest overview for free to help some of you out guys...

'The Panda Review' also know as 'Google Farmer Update' was meant as an overhaul of the way Google works out how to rank websites in the search result, to weed out content farms and low quality, mega SEO'd websites… It was implemented in February 2011 and as stated before hit many good quality websites for one or another reason too…

Kinda like industrial fishing I guess, lol.

It is an ongoing process that was started by the Panda Review (Google implemented the new algorithm for first time)… Google constantly reviews the way they assess their diverse SEO factors tho. Nobody really knows the details of those ongoing changes for a fact, its all from intense, continous testing what works after something stopped working or what works better. Most changes are kinda minor anyway…

But Panda Review/Farmer Update was a first major shift since years with major consequences, even for a few major high traffic brands back then…They got G-slapped HARD. It gone so much deeper than the SEO Industry expected to be in April this year (when Google pulled the switches for English speaking contries)… The uproar was just crazy at first and really had me frightened for a few days/weeks straight lol…

Matt Cutts (Search Quality Director of Google) went on to say officially that:
    "It’s easy now for Google to tell if a website buys automated mass backlinking services... And they will not do you any good."

But as as always, you don't eat anything as hot as it's cooked. They want you to believe they are that powerful and they do infact work hard on optimizing G's algorithm to get there... But it's definitely NOT always easy for Google to tell that… Want proof? How about many good sites that got hit and many spammy type sites have been ranking even better therefore (as stated earlier already)

Broad aim was and is still to get rid of low quality content and encourage keyword related content with the end user benefit and not just SEO in mind. Auto blogs and content farms targeting as many keywords as possible only to drive revenues and next to no visitor value been hit the hardest…

Google conducts surveys and shit to get a picture of what a users thinks is the perfect website and which they recommend etc… That way social media became such a large factor too… See G+1
    SEMrush
    Good content is key more than ever… A short post panda SEO overview could be:

User friendly navigation with clear hierarchy,
    Internal text links that always make every site reachable
    Reasonable amount of links on a single page
    Articles with 500-1000 words (Unique, genuine information)
    No keyword stuffing but keywords with the user in mind (LSI)
    Quick page load
    Low bounce rate…
    Less sniper sites, more authority sites
    Social media integration
    No broken links / correct HTML
    etc…. (quiet a bit more stuff on the technical side of things)

A few of those always been there all the time of course but the relevance has change drastically in some cases (bounce rate, social media, page load, user friendly etc)

Hope this helps some of you to get a clearer picture of the matter! I have a three-fourth finished SEO product that handles Backlinks and much more post-panda techniques but have so many other things going on atm… It took a back seat so much over the last 3 month that I nearly forgot about it... This thread reminded me about it, lol...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
    FastCashMoney, Dec 9, 2011 IP
    SEMrush
  2. alizay

alizay Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Panda will help Google to promote quality content.:cool:

alizay, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  3. iamtheceo

iamtheceo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I hate the panda sometimes.

iamtheceo, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  4. RRWH

RRWH Active Member

Best Answers:
    Panda has not hurt my sites - I still have the same ranking, I still have similar visitor numbers, but I get nearly double revenue. Heck, Didn't even notice an algo change, just the welcome healthy increase in income from my sites.

RRWH, Dec 10, 2011 IP
  5. yumen

yumen Guest

Best Answers:
    I listen that Google have changed our Algorithm. What is the Google "Panda" Algorithm update.

yumen, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  6. sb2011

sb2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    panda can let your site have no traffics.:D

sb2011, Dec 11, 2011 IP
  7. achmad ricky

achmad ricky Peon

Best Answers:
    hhah,,, google panda ? i dont know about that... please tell me more...?

achmad ricky, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  8. savinder

savinder Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Friends,

Google has made some update in his algorithm for those .who are stealing content from other website and.

Thanks

savinder, Dec 13, 2011 IP
  9. rising_sun

rising_sun Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Panda is a change to the Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in February 2011 .The change aimed to lower the rank of "low-quality sites", and return higher-quality sites near the top of the search results.CNET reported a surge in the rankings of news websites and social Networking sites, and a drop in rankings for sites containing large amounts of advertising.This change reportedly affected the rankings of almost 12 percent of all search results.Soon after the Panda rollout, many websites, including Google's webmaster forum, became filled with complaints of scrapers/copyright infringers getting better rankings than sites with original content. At one point, Google publicly asked for data points to help detect scrapers better. Google's Panda has received several updates since the original rollout in February 2011, and the effect went global in April 2011. To help affected publishers, Google published an advisory on its blog, thus giving some direction for self-evaluation of a website's quality.

wikipedia

rising_sun, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  10. snick_box

snick_box Peon

Best Answers:
    google panda is a pet... jowk...!! idk bout it yet

snick_box, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  11. alizay

alizay Peon

Best Answers:
    The Google Algorithm update is shaped or named as Google panda to bring moderate correctness and perfection to the mainstream of internet searching and to serve the searchers with more rigorous results. To carry out that task exclusively certain steps have been taken. That's why Google Panda has become the most talked about issue.

alizay, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  12. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its a list of Ad Word users. If you did not buy any, you get put on the "Panda" black list. The bear funnels these cheap all take and no give sites to its heavily filtered search engine algorithm. Most sites do not survive. Best pay now if your site has not been hit yet.....................I am kidding of course. The new algorithm are constantly upgrading and tweaking. Nothing is perfect at first. Or is it ever? Copied content and auto generated link sites seem to be at the top of the hit list. People with original content have nothing to fear.

globegenius, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  13. perth2011

perth2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a database cleaning tool for Google.

perth2011, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  14. zeleret

zeleret Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand about it too..

zeleret, Dec 19, 2011 IP
  15. shazib000

shazib000 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Panda update was taken by google in order to de-value farm content websites and some article directories. During panda update those website went down in serp's mainly who have duplicate, less wording content and lot of advertising links on their websites. Even Ezinearticles was also hit by it but they were quick enough to recover from it.
    You can get benefit from it by creating unique content as a lot of websites had dropped their ranking in serp's and you can take their position.

shazib000, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  16. smithzenri

smithzenri Peon

Best Answers:
    Google panda is changes the google's search engine ranking page algorithm to lower the rank to low quality site and upper rank to high quality sites. It returns the high quality site to top on the SERP. It is used to stop the copy content from one site to another site. If you are a site holder and if you copy other peoples content and place it in your site, google panda will major impact to your site. it will loss your traffic and your site will be go to the last index of search engine.

smithzenri, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  17. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Possible updates to raise or lower the google pagerank on the site.
    is there someone more familiar?

Irfi0009, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  18. davidmichal

davidmichal Member

Best Answers:
    Google Panda is the new Google algorithm that was released on February 24. The reason for its release was to give priority to websites with proper content, and penalize all those that use duplicate content, and link farms, which are those full of links to other websites.

davidmichal, Jan 1, 2012 IP
  19. entrepreneurjourney

entrepreneurjourney Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Panda is a change to the Google's search results ranking algorithm that was first released in February 2011 .[1] The change aimed to lower the rank of "low-quality sites", and return higher-quality sites near the top of the search results.

entrepreneurjourney, Jan 2, 2012 IP
  20. afitzone

afitzone Member

Best Answers:
    to beat google pandas, first make sure that quality content, do not like to copy and paste because it is so hated by the panda. quality content that is not a long article cuman one paragraph of at least 200 characters and make the article unique.
    The latter do not make your blog as long concrete loading alias, create your blog like a soft and lightweight cotton. discard the widgets are felt to be needed in your blog. based on the analysis in this blog after being made as simple as possible, turned out to visitors on my blog up. There are two possibilities that occur here, if not google SERP position just happened to go up so my articles are being sought after.
    Expand the links leading to other articles or inbound links. how can use the SEO plugin on blogspot ALRP or if using autolink script, but if it is difficult to use manual, put a link to more freely.
    Collapse links leading out of the blog or outbound link (OBL). characteristics of large OBLnya blogs or many other of the many adsense, many visitors who commented using the URL, the spammer. OBL is a maximum of 100 links out, the rest is no longer SEOFriendly.
    Strengthen the foundation of your blog by creating a dummy blog. more and more blogs that you create dummy means the stronger the roots / foundation on your blog.
    That should not be missed is multiply blogwalking and leaving a trail of your blog link in the blog alias to find backlinks, try to find a dofollow and air-pagerank

afitzone, Jan 17, 2012 IP