1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is google api and uses

Discussion in 'Google API' started by DevAdelicia, Apr 5, 2011.

hi ,

what is google api and what is the use of API in SEO,,...

Thanks

DESSS

DevAdelicia, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  2. Jalpari1

Jalpari1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The Google API stands for ‘Application Programmable Interface’. As it’s name implies, it is an interface that queries the Google database to help programmers in the development of their applications.
    The Open Calais API can extract meaning from text for you. You could call it a semantic search engine. It can help you find relevant keywords or tags for your pages. With this you van easily group articles. It can also help you to see if your copy writers articles are actually 'on topic'. If Calais suggest the article is about topic X while you asked your copy writer for an article on topic Y, you know you should be asking for a rewrite. Both relevant tagging and 'on topic' copy can be very useful in your SEO efforts. For WordPress and Drupal there are plugins available that use the Open Calais API to automatically tag every new post or page.

Jalpari1, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  3. phoenixjutom

phoenixjutom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know Google API used to embed a Google Map into website. Very easy. You can search: "Embedding a map into website".

Good luck to you

phoenixjutom, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  4. kgillaspy

kgillaspy Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice job cikapero! I didn't realize the number of API's Google had and I've been at this for a while now. Now if I can just find one that will funnel money into my bank account.

kgillaspy, Apr 19, 2011 IP
  5. paulkingston

paulkingston Peon

Best Answers:
    i will now always try to submit sitemaps to increase the main thing traffic

paulkingston, Apr 20, 2011 IP