1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is correct keyword density

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by iwantvarun, Jun 23, 2010.

1. usa-im

usa-im Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the best and the effective way is top utilize the formula to find the keyword density such as keyword density with respect to the text and the keyword density with respect to the whole content, so you follow the flowing formulas:

keyword density with respect to the text:- number of keywords/ whole number of keywords in the content * 100
    keyword density with respect to the content:- number of keywords /whole number of keywords in the content - HTML

usa-im, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  2. mohithanche

mohithanche Peon

Best Answers:
    I think keyword density is an over-rated concept. Even with similar keyword densities one page may rank while another does not. And that’s true even if they have the same link profile. That in and of itself should show the (lack of) value of keyword density.

To explain how that concept works, consider a page that uses the exact same keywords at the start of the page title, at the start of their h1 tag, and in all their inbound anchor text. It may get filtered for being too closely aligned with the target keyword. Now imagine that the same page is redone, shifting word order is some spots, shifting singular to plural in some spots. Now the same page may not get filtered even if it has the same or similar keyword density.

Keyword density also has two toxic side effects. Some people write what ends up sounding like robotic copy. Others, in an attempt to increase keyword density, end up editing out important keyword modifiers and semantically related phrases, which not only lowers their traffic (since they took many relevant words off the page), but also makes their page look less like other top ranked pages.

mohithanche, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  3. annymarker

annymarker Peon

Best Answers:
    keyword density should be in between 3-4% and it works very good

annymarker, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  4. Jmontana

Jmontana Peon

Best Answers:
    I think 1 to 3%, but my experience says it has nothing to do with SEO or may be its more then 3%. One of my site has density 7% plus and still that keyword is at first page of Google.

Jmontana, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  5. lgvital

lgvital Peon

Best Answers:
    I would focus on making sure your other on-site SEO are optimal (title tags, headings, etc.) rather than making the effort to stuff your page with the perfect keyword %. As long as you keep it under 7%, you should be fine.

lgvital, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  6. Alex Hall

Alex Hall Peon

Best Answers:
    If it is for article/blog content, it needs to be more like 10% - so once per 100 words. if you did 5 100 word paragraphs, try and slip it in 5 times.

Alex Hall, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  7. -Cash-

-Cash- Active Member

Best Answers:
    yup, 2-4% is good

-Cash-, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  8. Gary Gregory

Gary Gregory Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I generally stick to the 2 - 4% rule and have no issues. Traffic Travis, the free tool by Mark Ling, gives you an on-page SEO tool that gives you an optimum score for as low as 1%.

Gary Gregory, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  9. sussanesylvia

sussanesylvia Peon

Best Answers:
    I would generally prefer a density of 4-7%, though you can use different combination of keywords.
    Make sure that you use your most important keyword at the beginning of the Meta Title and at H1 tag. That would help you to get the ranking.

sussanesylvia, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  10. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Write naturally. The keyword density will be fine.

Google is smart enough now to figure out when someone is trying to stuff. It doesn't work now-a-days, as that was a technique from several years ago.

usasportstraining, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  11. jhonrock007

jhonrock007 Peon

Best Answers:
    7% is too much.

I think 2% to 3%

jhonrock007, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  12. bluertone

bluertone Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone tried goRank keyword analyzer? It has something called prominence score and I'm not sure if I can trust it.

bluertone, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  13. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    Now that's the answer I was searching for all over this thread. Good one usasportstraining.

Keyword density is old talk back in 2009. In 2010 with Google Caffeine, it's all about keeping things natural. Now if you are really worried about keyword density, just place your keywords 2-3 times (NOT 2-3%) in your page (content) and things would be fine. Google is intelligent enough and it isn't a problem for GoogleBOT to realize what you are trying to highlight within your website?

Hope this helps.

biztrendz, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  14. Bcarter

Bcarter Peon

Best Answers:
    I put my keywords in based upon what is natural. If it's only natural to have it in my article once or twice, then that's all I run with. If it seems forced, I don't use it. Based upon this, I usually run about 2-3%.

B

Bcarter, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  15. amitmax

amitmax Active Member

Best Answers:
    after reading all views i couldnt able to what kw density is efficient.

amitmax, Jul 25, 2010 IP
  16. sbglobal79

sbglobal79 Banned

Best Answers:
    The best on-page SEO is to have the keyword in the title, in an H1 tag (maybe H2), in the first and last paragraphs of the text, and about 5 or more LSI terms from the WonderWheel or Google's related terms in the Adwords keyword tool. That would be for a short article. You use the term in the body a couple of times or more for a longer article. The keyword density itself does not matter if you do this.

sbglobal79, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  17. linkwatcher

linkwatcher Peon

Best Answers:
    This is correct utilise indicators like the WonderWheel. This will give you a good idea of connecting keywords to your keyword. Above all basic common sense should apply. Google knows what your talking about if you mention your keyword every so often. Not that it penalises you in any way directly unless it is extreme keyword stuffing.

Over doing it just wastes precious unique content space.

There is at this point no clear answer to how many keywords per paragraph, Roughly 3-4 maybe. Having your keywords optimised in your titles, meta and urls does help and makes it easy for Google to understand quickly and soundly what this page on your site is about.

linkwatcher, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  18. gwbbaby

gwbbaby Peon

Best Answers:
    Maximum 5% can be used.

gwbbaby, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  19. dogmatch

dogmatch Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this one:

------
    Here are some other factors to consider when placing your keywords:
    1. in your domain name
    2. in your title tags
    3. in h2-h6 tags
    4. in the body of the content
    5. anchor text
    6. in your meta tags
    7. In hyperlinks
    ------

Take your time to do a good keyword analysis preparation to ensure that you are targeting the correct keywords and phrases and repeat the target keyword three times the first 50-100 words as far to the top as possible. This will tell Google that THIS (combined with the above) is the most important content of that individual site.

Also - don't forget that over-optimizing the text will reduce the conversion rates! Use common sense!

dogmatch, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  20. cashfinder

cashfinder Peon

Best Answers:
    Design your website with pages that don't have more than 300 - 500 words per page, with keywords repeated 3 - 6 times for every hundred words

cashfinder, Jul 27, 2010 IP