1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is correct keyword density

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by iwantvarun, Jun 23, 2010.

iwantvarun, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  2. gai001

gai001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword density should be around 1-2%. More than that and Google get suspicious.

gai001, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  3. MikeOliverbaba

MikeOliverbaba Peon

Best Answers:
    1% is too low. Main keyword should be around 2-4% density. But don't forget that you have other accompanying keywords sprinkled around the txt too. for LSI. So you need to target 1 main keyword and 4-5 keywords around it.

MikeOliverbaba, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  4. bobo05

bobo05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at that way. On first page theme must be a lot of the KW that you are targeting. But be carefull! Dont repeat the KW too much. If I have big site (big home page) than I have 10-20 KW on home page.

bobo05, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  5. MikeOliverbaba

MikeOliverbaba Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you have a lot of text and alt-tagged images on your homepage too. Otherwise visibility will be too low. Add keyword in the site-wide sidebars and footer. That way you can have it on every page of your site, without being spammy in the texts.

MikeOliverbaba, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  6. mohithanche

mohithanche Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it should be between 1% to 7%. please correct me if i am wrong.

mohithanche, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  7. coolaromas

coolaromas Peon

Best Answers:
    throw out all that seo crap ... I have several websites on page one ... most have 1 page and 1 post and take a hour to build. Look, type your search term into google, and then hit wonder wheel on the left under show search tools. Add those 8 terms to your home page, they are relevant to the term you are trying to rank for. Add a video form youtube that is on topic. mention your keyword 2 or 3 times is all!!! And here is the key. Get a few backlinks and stop! It is not natural to have gobs of backlinks for a new/young site! Get a few, wait a couple of days, and get a couple more. Honestly, I do this and never touch my sites again, and they are page 1 within a week in most cases.

coolaromas, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  8. itsallwhite

itsallwhite Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on your site, your trust rating and your niche (what other similar sites are doing). If you are a new site I would suggest keeping it between 2 and 4%, if you've been around a while and are well trusted, perhaps try a little more

itsallwhite, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  9. jell

jell Banned

Best Answers:
    Keyword density is number of keywords in your contents.

jell, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  10. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds great, but for how long to they stay number one. I have hit number one a couple of times. However it never stays there. Is there a trick for that?

rickmci, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  11. Joe Hansens

Joe Hansens Guest

Best Answers:
    1-7 percent, or in some cases I've actually seen sites rank #1 without the keyword in the page copy, discription, or keywords - amazing

Joe Hansens, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  12. joseph pop

joseph pop Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello,

You can take help from webmaster tools for keywords density for your website.

joseph pop, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  13. PerdanaCantiQue.com

PerdanaCantiQue.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    some SEO expert say keywords density is not influence for your SEO...

PerdanaCantiQue.com, Jul 3, 2010 IP
  14. chatroulette

chatroulette Peon

Best Answers:
    tres percent

chatroulette, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  15. mikellyusabr

mikellyusabr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with coolaromas's approach, except I believe you need to add new content once in a while. I have been studying this a lot recently and the big dogs all say that thinking about a keyword in isolation is not effective to SERP ranking.

The best on-page SEO is to have the keyword in the title, in an H1 tag (maybe H2), in the first and last paragraphs of the text, and about 5 or more LSI terms from the WonderWheel or Google's related terms in the Adwords keyword tool. That would be for a short article. You use the term in the body a couple of times or more for a longer article. The keyword density itself does not matter if you do this.

Having great content helps, too, since you need to write both for the search engines as well as for visitors. I saw a really good idea somewhere that if you make one post using the main keyword, then another targeting an LSI keyword, then back to the original, then a new LSI term (or even the same, and so on, this will help in the rankings for the main keyword. That makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Backlinks should use the keyword as anchor text the majority of the time, but not all of the time (say 60-70%).

mikellyusabr, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  16. cybatech

cybatech Peon

Best Answers:
    It is recommended 3 keywords per the first 50 words of content. Any more and you will be over the top.......

cybatech, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  17. jannyflcn

jannyflcn Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are serious about improving search engine rankings, you
    need to check the keyword density of your web site.

keyword density will be 1% to 7%. To achieve 1% you
    would need to insert your keyword once after every hundred words. If you only used your keyword once in one
    thousand words, this would result in diluting your keyword density.

jannyflcn, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  18. newbizblogger

newbizblogger Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi iwantvarun,

I agree with pretty much what others are saying here, but as you can see there are many different opinions on the subject. =)

I think first and foremost you have to remember that you are writing your copy for your readers, so want to make sure that it flows naturally and not stuffed with so many keywords that it turns off your readers.

I'm a huge advocate of SEO and it is definitely very important, but it is only one factor to take into account to have a successful site. Just because you are on the first page of google doesn't necessary mean you've hit jackpot. Also, if you are in a very competitive market, you can mention your keywords 100's of times and it may still be a challenge for you to get ranked well with serp's...thus you may have to rely heavily on other methods to get people to your site (at least for a time being).

That being said, you'll want to include your keyword(s) often enough so the search engines get what the page is about but not too often that it starts sounding weird (yes...I know, very technical term ;-)

Here are some other factors to consider when placing your keywords:
    1. in your domain name
    2. in your title tags
    3. in h2-h6 tags
    4. in the body of the content
    5. anchor text
    6. in your meta tags
    7. In hyperlinks

Good luck!

newbizblogger, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  19. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    I usually keep my keyword density between 3-6% and it works very good

digital29, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  20. tompatrick

tompatrick Peon

Best Answers:
    as per the Google standards, what I use on my site is 2-3% I never go beyond that limit.
    Try this you site will take time to get to the ranking but trust me won't ever get penalized for keyword stuffing

tompatrick, Jul 17, 2010 IP