1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Cloud Computing?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Times Travel, Dec 30, 2010.

Hi,

I am not new to internet technologies but cannot really understand Cloud Computing.

I would really appreciate if anybody can tell me what exactly Cloud Computing is along with any real time example and why it is used? (purpose of cloud computing).

Looking forward to an adequate answer.

Best Regards,

Ryan.

Times Travel, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  2. triderma

triderma Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to access all of your personal data at any moment.you have the ability to organize and mine data from any online source. you are able to share that data- photos, movies,contacts,e-mail,documents with your family, friends and co workers at any time.This is what personal cloud computing.Gmail and Google Docs are the prime examples.

triderma, Dec 30, 2010 IP
  3. conferenceshopper

conferenceshopper Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically Cloud computing is an Internet-based computing, whereby shared servers provide resources, software, and data to computers and other devices on demand, as with the electricity grid.

conferenceshopper, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    @conferenceshopper has hit the nail on the head. I might add: it's what we in the *nix/BSD world call networking. Something we've done for decades but Microsoft now advertises like they thought of it. (Just two years ago, Microsoft scoffed at this idea.) Google and Apple are the first to run with this for the average person but professionals in the *nix world have been doing this long before I ever got into computing.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 2, 2011 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. DIGITALCHAMELEON

DIGITALCHAMELEON Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyway everyone seems to have different definition with cloud computing. Actually cloud computing comes into focus only when you think about what IT always needs like a way to increase capacity or add capabilities on the fly without investing in new infrastructure, training new personnel, or licensing new software. Cloud computing encompasses any subscription-based or pay-per-use service that, in real time over the Internet, extends IT's existing capabilities.

DIGITALCHAMELEON, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  6. Eric89

Eric89 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think @conferenceshopper's is right..

Eric89, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  7. pendayalasandeep

pendayalasandeep Peon

Best Answers:
    Cloud computing is Internet-based computing, whereby shared servers provide resources, software, and data to computers and other devices on demand, as with the electricity grid. Cloud computing is a natural evolution of the widespread adoption of virtualization, service-oriented architecture and utility computing. Details are abstracted from consumers, who no longer have need for expertise in, or control over, the technology infrastructure "in the cloud" that supports them Cloud computing describes a new supplement, consumption, and delivery model for IT services based on the Internet, and it typically involves over-the-Internet provision of dynamically scalable and often virtualized resources.It is a byproduct and consequence of the ease-of-access to remote computing sites provided by the Internet.This frequently takes the form of web-based tools or applications that users can access and use through a web browser as if it were a program installed locally on their own computer.Most cloud computing infrastructures consist of services delivered through common centers and built on servers. Clouds often appear as single points of access for consumers' computing needs.

pendayalasandeep, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    More BS from the DP crowd.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  9. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft Office that allows you to edit on email is another example I think of cloud computing.

qwestcommunications, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  10. Chronister

Chronister Peon

Best Answers:
    cloud computing is the new in thing in terms of computer technology. Basically it is computing over the net. Check out chrome os for this concept

Chronister, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  11. brian culbert

brian culbert Peon

Best Answers:
    I think in near future, all of use will use a cloud computing in somehow, it is internet era.

brian culbert, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  12. intesols

intesols Peon

Best Answers:
    A new generation of computers that use many servers, data storage and management, so that the device to use the chips smaller and more efficient use less energy than conventional computers.

intesols, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  13. noobpreneur

noobpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In a nutshell, cloud computing - often nicknamed "the cloud" - is a web-based computing that is super-flexible: You access software, hardware or services on-demand - you pay only for what you use (pay-as-you-go or subscription-based,) and you may change plans or services in real-time.

noobpreneur, Jan 4, 2011 IP
  14. sitearena

sitearena Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i am also confused on this topic.I searched wiki but i am still not clear about cloud computing.

sitearena, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  15. Renatus

Renatus Member

Best Answers:
    Here you go.

[video=youtube;QJncFirhjPg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJncFirhjPg[/video]

Renatus, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  16. kupluk

kupluk Peon

Best Answers:
    Cloud Computing is just a name represent about the system which make people can access their application anywhere, anytime without limit with a single internet connection.
    For Corporate side, it will stop to investing a new machine, a new application. So Corporate just rent the application to company who provide this technology.

kupluk, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  17. computerwis

computerwis Member

Best Answers:
    I would like you to see this at wiki - Just such on google 'cloud computing'

It has all the information you need for cloud computers and what is it.

I am not allowed to post live links yet,I apologize if this is not that useful.

computerwis, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  18. David Rupnik

David Rupnik Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm interesting, I didn't know this either. :D

David Rupnik, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  19. derrickschwan

derrickschwan Peon

Best Answers:
    Cloud computing is a general term for anything that involves delivering hosted services over the Internet. These services are broadly divided into three categories: Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). The name cloud computing was inspired by the cloud symbol that's often used to represent the Internet in flow charts and diagrams.

derrickschwan, Jan 20, 2011 IP
  20. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    Steve Marino, Jan 20, 2011 IP