1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is Canonicalization?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Kavin, Jul 31, 2009.

Can any one tell me what is canonicalization? I am interested to know about this fact. can anyone explain it to me.

Thanks
    Kavin

Kavin, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  2. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    canonicalisation is the process of creating standard input or output. For example, with regard to a website, this could mean ensuring that:

or if you have a website on a linux server, there can be different filenames even though they look the same:

File.txt is not the same as file.txt or fiLe.txt

Using caconalisation, one can ensure that all of the different variations point to just one file - file.txt, for example.

Hope that helps.

FoxIX, Jul 31, 2009 IP
    falguni1 likes this.
  3. falguni1

falguni1 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow great useful for me too.

falguni1, Jul 31, 2009 IP
  4. SabQat

SabQat Peon

Best Answers:
    In computer science, canonicalization (abbreviated c14n, where 14 represents the number of letters between the C and the N) is a process for converting data that has more than one possible representation into a "standard" canonical representation. This can be done to compare different representations for equivalence, to count the number of distinct data structures, to improve the efficiency of various algorithms by eliminating repeated calculations, or to make it possible to impose a meaningful sorting order.

SabQat, Jul 31, 2009 IP