1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is business continuity?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Anne Mark, Nov 6, 2014.

Hi,I want to know more information about business continuity as I hope to deal with it in the future.I find some information here http://www.avalution.com/bcm-101 . But I want to know about it further and how can I maintain my business continuity in a great scale. Thanks!

Anne Mark, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  2. ReneeRen

ReneeRen Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding business continuity, I guess it means your business can run with a lots of acheivement. You can compete with your competitors, you have your own effective business way. That's what in my mind.

ReneeRen, Nov 6, 2014 IP
  3. nathan neeley

nathan neeley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    business leverage

nathan neeley, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  4. thewriteone2345

thewriteone2345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Leverage works if you can be the only one to provide the service, and it puts your customer into a feeling that they are getting ripped off. For me it is better to give good business deals to have continuous patronage.

thewriteone2345, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  5. sunnie

sunnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Though the original post is quite long ago I just wanted to clear things up. I'm a business student so I learned BCM (Business Continuity Management) in university, and it's basically your company's ability to continue operation or get back on its feet after a business interruption, such as a blackout that causes servers and machines to go down, or a fire that burns a factory. BCM focuses on having a SOP during this time to get business running again within an ETA.

sunnie, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  6. Laura M. Morphis

Laura M. Morphis Peon

Best Answers:
    Business Continuity is a part of set of planning and preparation of business or organizations to put in place to ensure that business function like production or services can continue during and after disaster.
    In most cases, the ‘disaster’ is a short term impact to the business, but given today’s ‘always on’ world of 24×7 customer service, your most important technology in any disaster are your communications systems. It therefore makes sense to have a Communications Technology DRP in place.
    Here is some business services that show how business continuity and disaster recovery changing the world of your business communications systems http://www.unityconnected.com/services/?lang=en#recovery

Laura M. Morphis, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  7. piapetersson

piapetersson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, in simple terms this is something related to future planning of any business, that includes action plans needed to be taken in case of any unwanted situation.

piapetersson, Apr 24, 2015 IP
  8. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Business continuity encompasses a freely identified pair of planning, basic in addition to linked actions that happen to be designed to ensure the organization's essential organization characteristics can possibly keep run irrespective of critical incidents or maybe problems which may in any other case have interrupted all of them.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  9. Laura M. Morphis

Laura M. Morphis Peon

Best Answers:
    Business continuity encompasses a loosely defined set of planning, preparatory and related activities which are intended to ensure that an organization's critical business functions will either continue to operate despite serious incidents or disasters that might otherwise have interrupted them, or will be recovered to an operational state within a reasonably short period. It is a mixture of procedure of Resilience, Recovery and Contingency.
    I know its really heard to get because its standard defination of Business Continuiety, in lemmon language, its a plan of capability of the organization to continue delivery of products or services at acceptable predefined levels following a disruptive incident or without any readiness to cope effectively with whatever major incidents and disasters occur.

For more details go with http://www.unityconnected.com/services/?lang=en#recovery

Ref. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_continuity

Laura M. Morphis, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  10. masterbusiness

masterbusiness Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes that's right. Business continuity is where you don't give up despite some downfalls in your business. It is where you could stand and find solution for these problem and continue your business. :D

masterbusiness, Apr 29, 2015 IP