1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is best site builder software for a beginner?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by newby, Jun 9, 2010.

1. ayekaye01

ayekaye01 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are having problems with codes, might as well use wordpress.

ayekaye01, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  2. forum_scripteen

forum_scripteen Guest

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is the best.

forum_scripteen, Jun 18, 2010 IP
  3. hes

hes Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're on a Mac get Panic! Coda. For a small price, it's the best software I have ever used for building websites.

hes, Jun 23, 2010 IP
  4. rachel.anthony12

rachel.anthony12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is definitely the best for beginners.Its very easy to start off with as its more user friendly than Dreamweaver in the beginning stage. Dreamweaver is bit complex and difficult to get along with in the beginning.

rachel.anthony12, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  5. leksa

leksa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed. DW (Dreamweaver) is the software. You can plan build HTML, or PHP based (and many more) using it. Known as Editor, Programming Editor, script editor etc.

And wordpress is different. It's collected all php language and HTML for website, ready made website. You can do 3 step install to make a website from your Cpanel, or manually upload the package.

I suggest to learn HTML language first. You can use DW, or another Script Editor (free, trial, license -try google it) .
    And then lucky if you can learn simple programming like PHP.
    Then you can start with Wordpress to start know how all language work together.

Combo all things above could be done also. Try smart one learning :) . Lots of quality tutorial out there..

leksa, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  6. Skuvnar

Skuvnar Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend dreamweaver (or similar eg visual studio) if you really want to get serious about creating websites in the future. Other than that wordress or drupal for getting your site up quick!

Skuvnar, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  7. jonno_81

jonno_81 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have a VERY easy to use CMS system for people who don't have time or inclination to learn complex things! Try easyCMSlite. There is a link to a fully functional demo there too, so you can try it before using it. Its is free!

jonno_81, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  8. srikar115

srikar115 Peon

Best Answers:
    let it for pro or beginner ,word press is the best CMS

srikar115, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  9. dropagear

dropagear Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on what you're looking to do. If you just want to create some basic sites then you can use wordpress, which doesn't really require any knowledge of HTML, CSS, etc. If you actually want to learn how to create websites then get dreamweaver & google 'html tutorial' & start building your own sites from scratch (or build on top of templated designs)

dropagear, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  10. Airwalk Enterprise, Inc

Airwalk Enterprise, Inc Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest I think people should be designing with code only, not using the software's tools. This way you can see exactly what is going on with your website, rather than just how it looks. So really, any software will do the job, as long as it is easy to use. Try Dreamweaver or the less expensive Microsoft copy, Expression Web

Airwalk Enterprise, Inc, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  11. MattGeer

MattGeer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest starting with some sort of CMS. It's already been suggested, but wordpress would definitely be the way to go. However, I would definitely play around and make changes to the code so you can start to learn what different things do (be sure to save the old code in a seperate notepad doc in case you mess up). Once you gain some experience, I would then either move on to either coding directly into notepad/notepadd++ or dreamweaver. During the whole process you should definitely be learning through books and other sites such as w3schools.

MattGeer, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  12. tmears

tmears Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress + Artisteer + Dreamweaver

You will be cranking out professional looking websites in no time ;)

tmears, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  13. IRichie

IRichie Peon

Best Answers:
    I use FrontPage, I do not know, whether a lot of people use it or not?
    But, I enjoy using Frontpage. It is easy and is just like MS_Word.

IRichie, Jun 26, 2010 IP
  14. SampathW

SampathW Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Wordpress is a CMS(Content Management System). It is not a website builder software. But you can add existing free themes and setup a website quickly using Wordpress. But you need Dreamweaver to design a Wordpress theme if you want to build your own :). So Dreamweaver is the best software to use for web designing. It has many powerful features and what i mostly like is the auto complete and code indentation features it has which eases your work and saves much time. :cool:

SampathW, Jun 26, 2010 IP