1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is a script/app/CMS for sharing materials with colleagues?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Zaytoun, Aug 18, 2016.

Hello
    I want a web app/platform/CMS where my colleagues and I at work share ebooks.
    Everyone should register and can add and see the files on the website.
    A wordpress blog might work, but the thing is that I don't want the posts to be shown as 'articles'. Any help please?

Solved! View solution.
    Zaytoun, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just use something like Google Drive? Or Dropbox?

PoPSiCLe, Aug 18, 2016 IP
  3. Zaytoun

Zaytoun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I thought about it, but I need it to have a system different from Drives. What I'm looking for is like the following website, it's in Arabic, but you'll get the idea without knowing the language:
    http://www.booksstream.com/
    http://www.books-cloud.com/

thank you for your reply

Zaytoun, Aug 18, 2016 IP
    So, what you want is a place to share e-books which you don't really own the copyright for, or the license to actually share, huh? I don't care, I'm just wondering why not using Drive or Dropbox (places where copyright material gets taken down, and can get your account suspended).

Regardless: depending on what you need for this to work (do you need the actual images/thumbs of each individual item?) - this can be done quite easily by just setting up a website with a file-upload form (with a login to limit who can see the site), and a list of already uploaded content, preferably with a search function. That is a very simple task, you could probably get that set up by a developer in India or similar for a few dollars. If you need the thumbnails and such, information about each book and so on, it might take a bit more effort and cost a tiny bit more, but should still be doable quite easily.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  5. Zaytoun

Zaytoun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I see
    Thank you for the help

Zaytoun, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    You mentioned WordPress - you CAN do this with Wordpress - it would involve a bit of customization (basically you'd need some sort of "limit post view to certain users" plugin) but it could be done. Maybe also a bit of a login-plugin to make it look a bit more like a login-page than a wordpress blog, but completely doable. Would probably be possible to set up without much coding knowledge too. You can limit all posts/articles/whatever posted on a WP install via the admin-interface.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  7. Zaytoun

Zaytoun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    that's cool.
    Any recommendations for the plugins needed?

Zaytoun, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  8. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Sorry - I'm not really very active with WP at the moment, so I can't really recommend specific plugins, but have a look in the Wordpress-subforum, and ask there, perhaps?

PoPSiCLe, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  9. Zaytoun

Zaytoun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sure
    thanks

Zaytoun, Aug 20, 2016 IP