1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is a "reblog"

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Forsh, Dec 18, 2016.

....is that when I see people's old posts in the search results with new dates?

Forsh, Dec 18, 2016 IP
  2. Popche

Popche Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think reblogging is when someone reposts content from another blog. In my mind I explain it the same way as I explain retweeting (I think everyone knows how that goes)

Popche, Dec 18, 2016 IP
    Forsh likes this.
  3. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, nice...that is a great way to describe it!

Forsh, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  4. stewartcristan

stewartcristan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Re-blogging is the process in blogging which allows users to re-post the content of another user's post with an indication that the source is another user.

stewartcristan, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  5. Intuz

Intuz Member

Best Answers:
    Reblog = republish someone's article into your blog. It works as retweet on tweet. As you retweet someone's tweet into your twitter page.

Intuz, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  6. hardip2057

hardip2057 Banned

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm not sure but it might be possible to update existing blog contents of old posts and publish with new date called re-blogging. I personally tried it myself and it gives really good result. Try it!!!

hardip2057, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  7. Envigo Digital

Envigo Digital Member

Best Answers:
    Re-Blogging is a concept of posting someones blog on your blog with minimal effort. Its is very much like sharing concept on facebook. You share someone else's post to your timeline and it reaches your friends and followers. Similarly in bloggign platforms like Tumblr you can re-blog a post from another blog. Your followers can see it but like FB shares the original users credits remain.

Envigo Digital, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  8. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any sort of SEO benefit in doing this? I suppose that if it is content related to your blog it would bring relevant traffic for little work. Just working together with those in your field couldn't be a bad thing. About 10-years ago, if you wanted into a circle of bloggers, they actually required at least 1 outbound link to legitimate sources, pages that are authorities in your field.

Forsh, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  9. peterstein

peterstein Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Forsh

I would never suggest to reblog articles. For search engines like google, this is duplicate content. This means, that google is seeing your content as a duplicate of the original content, which is on another website.
    Google is seeing this as "stealing" and this will affect all your rankings. In a bad way. :)

The reason behind is easy to understand:
    As a search engine i want to display only relevant and useful content to my users. If i see something twice, this looks a bit fishy. After checking who released the content first, i will put the sites from the domain which stole content a bit more in the background as it seems that they do not put enough effort in creating unique content for users.

peterstein, Dec 27, 2016 IP
  10. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You shouldn't be doing that unless you have permission to do so from the blogger.

dcristo, Jan 11, 2017 IP