1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What influence does contextual relevance have on rankings?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jaythamarketer, Oct 26, 2020.

I'm on a mission to find out how the contextual relevancy of backlinks impacts the website’s ranking potential. I would love to hear some opinions from people in the digital marketing industry as preliminary to my study:

1. What is your typical routine for researching the backlinks? Do you pay special attention to the subject contextual relevance of the link?

2. What are the things you find most annoying in the backlink building process?

Thank you for your time and if you know someone else who could answer these short questions, please let me know!

jaythamarketer, Oct 26, 2020 IP
  2. Serial Scraper

Serial Scraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Go to https://ahrefs.com/backlink-checker and enter the URL of a competing website. basically any website ranking higher than you
      With a free account, you will only be given 100 results or so. But visit each link and see where and how they got their link on that page.
      Sometimes it will be on a private blog, however, as you start to go through them, you will notice a lot of profile pages, blog comments, and guest blog posts.
      Try to get a link from as many of these websites as possible. Then rinse and repeat until your eyes turn red.

1.2 In the beginning, keyword relevance can be very specific to your website, however, as time goes on, you will need to go for some more of the longtail keywords. ie Google suggested search phrase.

2. The most annoying thing is just having to research my competitor's backlink profile and replicate it.:oops:

Serial Scraper, Oct 27, 2020 IP
  3. jaythamarketer

jaythamarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for your answer Serial Scraper,

For me, the same challenges that you have pointed out apply.

I'm still confused as to which point contextual relevance is more important than authority. So I know it is being advocated for in the industry and Google itself also mentions it, but it has never been proven, in the same way that authority has been proven several times (correlation studies, case studies, etc.).

What is your position on this point?

jaythamarketer, Oct 29, 2020 IP