1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What if I submit to 400 directories at once?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by teckinik, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The problem is not necessarily getting too many links too fast. It has more to do with getting too many crappy non relevant links from bad neighborhoods.

Get yourself in some high quality decent directories listed in some good relevant categories and you'll be fine.

Also, consider that you may not get accepted at all, and of course not all are going to approve you at the same rate/time. That said, 400 some directories could yield only about 50% or less of the links, and may take weeks or months to appear.

You're fine!

Mia, Nov 25, 2009 IP
    World Class likes this.
  2. donluttrull

donluttrull Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit to as many as you can, the amount of them who will ALL accept your site around the same time is pretty uncommon. Then you have to take into account search engines crawling their site and updating that information within their spider systems itself.

My suggestion, submit to as many as you can BUT don't forget other backlinks while you are doing the directory submissions. Change it up with

100 article directories
    100 site directories
    100 social bookmarks
    100 forums
    rinse and repeat

When and IF any of the above approve your content is beyond your control so go for gold or go home lol. Now there are other methods of getting backlinks besides the above I mentioned BUT odds are you get the point.

donluttrull, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  3. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice donluttrull. The key is not going a long period with no links and then getting a whole bunch form one source.

CanadianEh, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  4. Staxr

Staxr Peon

Best Answers:
    Noooo you will gget your site banned for sure

Staxr, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  5. sdphotoes

sdphotoes Peon

Best Answers:
    Requires UK based idrectories...please provide me uk based idrectories...urgent!

sdphotoes, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  6. zgerm

zgerm Peon

Best Answers:
    I think should be ok if you submit your site to directories, but be careful not to over it and search engine will consider it spam

zgerm, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  7. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if you could get in "trouble" like you mentioned :) But if you're submitting to paid directories, I'd suggest that you opt for unique site description. For new sites, to be honest, no matter what you do...(good or bad) you'll have to go through the crest and troughs of SE rankings for the first year after launch...Now it's probably not easy to come up with 100 different descriptions for the same site...then again, if you think writing several unique descriptions for a single site is "too much" or impossible, may be you'd need to work on the site itself ;)

alistair80, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  8. seolike

seolike Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably not. I think it may helpful to you.

seolike, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  9. msolution

msolution Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you cant get better do-follow backlinks than directories IMHO,... and the number in a small time span...

article submission, and directory submission is something one should do regularly....

M.

msolution, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  10. cl034zhu

cl034zhu Member

Best Answers:
    don't too hurry, i think it will not affect your site much for both good and bad

cl034zhu, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  11. newbitoo

newbitoo Peon

Best Answers:
    im sure not,
    how do you submit all dir?
    seems interested
    can you share to us

newbitoo, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  12. christyzen

christyzen Peon

Best Answers:
    NO problem. But you should do it manually, and should not use any automated tool.

christyzen, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  13. donluttrull

donluttrull Peon

Best Answers:
    And you know this from experience?

no offense but doubt it unless you did something else alongside this for your site to get banned.

I think people get confused and think that directory owners are just sitting around WAITING for new sites to be added, sure the little ones MIGHT but the main ones WHICH you odds are want to submit to have a HUGE pending list most of the time and many put time restrictions as in "won't be added for 3 months" UNLESS you pay XX dollars for faster inclusion.

Not all of the owners WILL index your site at the same time WHICH means they will start popping up at random times THEN it depends on when the engines actually index that page and link it to yours.

It really isn't something to get banned over UNLESS a miracle happens and all 400 site owners happen to say "you know what lets ALL approve this site RIGHT NOW"... I don't know any directory owners who do that BESIDES the ones that run multi directories and even then at most they have 10-20 directories and won't red flag you even if those 10-20 approve you right then and there.

-----

I do agree to stay away from PAID listings, paid links and anything that can be tracked to PAID RANKING because that IS what google can and does track and can dock you for. Getting backlinks FROM paid only directories is pretty easy for them to detect.

donluttrull, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  14. lambda1

lambda1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You wont get your site Banned but you will go down some hundreds of ranks in the Search engines. It is like spam to them if they see the same content in many Directories.

lambda1, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  15. gaurav17kumar

gaurav17kumar Guest

Best Answers:
    For a newly website, directories are more important than any other activity , you are doing well if you are submitting directories first , keep it up , good luck.!!

gaurav17kumar, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  16. ivanf

ivanf Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it wouldn't, it's probably better

ivanf, Nov 26, 2009 IP
  17. Th3Boss

Th3Boss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ive never had problems submitting to directories, though I have read before that it isnt good to gain ALOT of backlinks in a short period of time.

Th3Boss, Nov 27, 2009 IP
  18. michaeljm72

michaeljm72 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i agree.
    and be sure to change the anchor text frequently and have several varieties of the description on hand when doing the directory submission so it isn't the same old same old in all the listings you get....

michaeljm72, Nov 27, 2009 IP
  19. mluther

mluther Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't be in trouble as such. Since they take time to approve and search engines take time to crawl. But be cautioned na, why to risk yourself and get banned. Try to submit to 100 by 100 with a time span.

mluther, Nov 27, 2009 IP
  20. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nothing will happen to you if you submit to 400 directories... as it will take ages for search engines to find your links.
    I recently hired someone to submit my site to 1,000 directories and it's fine, even moved one place in SERP... but i doubt it was because of directories as I don't see any links from them as yet.
    I'm also considering hiring someone to submit my site to 4,000 directories. I tend to get a new website and then submit it to many directories go get some exposure.
    As mentioned before your directory links will be approved and found somewhere in the future and not at once.

praetserge, Nov 28, 2009 IP