1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Html Editor do you use?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by aim_high, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Affiliatin

Affiliatin Peon

Best Answers:
    notepad FTW
    ;)

Affiliatin, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  2. jutipum

jutipum Guest

Best Answers:
    I use Dreamweaver

jutipum, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  3. Kevin McNally

Kevin McNally Member

Best Answers:
    Used XsitePro for many years, if you have no clue about web design you can still build a decent site in a few hours.

Also use wordpress but I do prefer html sites.

Kevin McNally, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  4. Limura

Limura Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Notpade++ is the best.It is very easy and very helpful to new coder and professional coder.so try Notpad++

Limura, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  5. g r hasib

g r hasib Peon

Best Answers:
    You are new comer.
    so you used to Notepad++ or comedopad or used to phpdesighner html supported.
    I am use it.

g r hasib, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  6. OnlineStartups

OnlineStartups Peon

Best Answers:
    Notepad, Notepad+, Dreamweaver and MS Expression Web, depending on what needs to be done.

OnlineStartups, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have this thing called a taskbar -- that I set on my right-most display in portrait mode and so that it doesn't collapse like windows (making it actually USEFUL again).

As a multi-display users I find tabs to be a colossal step BACKWARDS in functionality, as it (in many editors) restricts you to a single window on a single display... Like when I'm working on a retro-computing program I'll have a .asm file in one window left-most, the .h interface next to it side-by-side, with the actual .c on the center display next to the command window where I'm running the compiler and the emulation window where I'm actually running code. When making a website I'll often have my raw HTML 'design' in one window, the CSS next to it, and the PHP I'm slicing the HTML into in another... or say my a library.php next to a page's .php next to the theme's .php next to the CSS for that theme.

Cramming it all into one window with the tabs sucking down space across the top is a waste and a step backwards. I'm sure it's fine if you're on some crappy little 1024 wide display -- but when my desktop is rocking a 2560x1440 27" IPS center and two 1920x1200 24" in the wings -- not so much. Lands sake even my laptop is 1680x1050 letting me do at least two side-by-side editor sessions.

Of course, even in my browser I prefer portrait tabs over having them at the top -- part of why I use Opera, I can actually put them in portrait mode to one side, then turn them into being useful by killing that stupid image preview nonsense and actually show the TITLE text. (since image previews are useless when you've got ten tabs from the same forums open).

When it comes to editors I don't really get the point of tabs and cramming it all into one window when having them in separate windows is more useful and you have all sorts of perfectly good tools built into the OS for switching between them.

deathshadow, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  8. waynegomez

waynegomez Peon

Best Answers:
    notepad++ is simple,effective and useful, dreamweaver is for advanced user.

waynegomez, Dec 13, 2012 IP