1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What hosting for E-commerce?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by flamingo2009, Jan 3, 2020.

What hosting would be suitable for an ecommerce? We normally have around 100 concurrent visitors at any given time and expect this to go upto 1,000 visitors soon.

We tried our hands with Cloudways with DO and found the CPU resources very poor, not to mention their recent decision to introduce paid support plans if you need fast response. Ridiculous. Shifted to Fastcomet (which runs on Linode servers anyways) and are having lot of network issues. Shifted two different boxes already. The IP is not even pinging correctly and frequent issues with their upstream provider.

What next? We are tired of going back and forth between various hosting solutions and are looking something far more reliable with great support, something that will scale with us as we grow and with a datacenter preferably in India so that we are near our customers. Or may be a Singapore datacenter with a CDN.

Any pointers?

flamingo2009, Jan 3, 2020 IP
  2. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had very good experience with reseller hosting from HostWithLove and JoneSolutions, both for speed/uptime and for support. I don't know how they would be with dedicated, though. Always send them a couple of messages before committing; you can get an insight of their support.

Saputnik, Jan 3, 2020 IP
  3. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    You can have a provider to spin a cloud server for you, which can be upgraded as your projects grows. It should not make a huge difference in pricing (between shared hosting and cloud server + control panel) as you require capable web hosting anyway. And better find out CPU rating, disk speed and network capabilities before ordering.

verocloud, Jan 6, 2020 IP
  4. ulvileo2

ulvileo2 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use famous hosting companies. do not use free hosting and domians

ulvileo2, Jan 9, 2020 IP
  5. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to use a VMware based Cloud server and to make sure that the company that provides it has a high performance storage solution in place. This will give you the best possible I/O and will make your e-commerce website running fast.

HostColor, Jan 15, 2020 IP
  6. John-web

John-web Banned

Best Answers:
    As I know, QHoster.com have stable servers in over 30 locations including Singapore.
    It is prompt, courteous and have continuously gone the extra mile to make sure everything is running smoothly. Definitely recommended.

John-web, May 4, 2020 IP
  7. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best solution for your e-commerce project is to get your own Dedicated Server with cPanel included for easy management. You can check affordable Dedicated Server Hosting plans with up to 100% uptime SLA and 365 Professional Support also offered directly from cPanel Technical Staff FREE of charge.

Or, if your online shop has just started and you don't yet have very many visitors, you can get a Professional Web Hosting with FREE dedicated IP address for as low as EUR 9.99 /month, with cPanel and all the necessary tools included.

Alternate solution is to host your online shop on the ready-made e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify, however I'd recommend Ecwid, because it has the same features as Shopify and is much cheaper and easier to use.

euro-space, May 16, 2020 IP
  8. Ezra King

Ezra King Peon

Best Answers:
    Shopify is definitely the best way to go.

Ezra King, Jun 5, 2020 IP
  9. moonswamp

moonswamp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I suggest VPS hosting if you want to control it all!
    choose Vultr, Linode, Amz, or other big company's product !
    choose the right plans for demand., then use CDN to speed it up!

moonswamp, Jul 15, 2020 IP