1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what holds people back online??!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Snoopy240, Feb 13, 2015.

Hey guys!

I'm wondering what do you think are the things that hold people back from accomplishing success online? ...

For some reason some people succeed and some don't, when they have the EXACT same information at their finger tips.

I see this all the time. If you give two people the exact same blue-print to success online - one will succeed and the other one will not. What do you think this happens??

I would love to hear your opinion on this!

Thanks!

Snoopy240, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  2. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think there might be a list of this. Maybe a too big list but i will try to express some of the main reasons i consider people fail online.
    - They don't love what they do. people often forget that you need to have a passion for your job so you can succeed. Nobody waste hours and hours of reading and improving small details of a website just because 'it makes good money'.
    - They think it's easy just because it's online. Nothing is easy. And because a website is nowadays so easy to start and promote, it's even tougher to get a buck than ever, to stay ahead of the line and not collapse into the great sea of website just laying around over there.
    - Over-information . I had this problem in the beginning. There is so much possibilities and so much too read about it that you can make your brain go numb with so much information. The key is to keep it simple and inform about only the things you need in your business.
    - Lack of discipline. This concept of 'being their own boss' make some people be more lazy and not so committed. You have to have the same discipline and treat it as serious as any business opportunity, and than the results will come accordingly.
    - Give up too soon. Practice make perfect, and practicing takes time. You won't be the best at what you do that easily and you will always have something new to learn. The better you become, the better the result. You are paid for quality

These are just from the top of my head. Maybe helps a beginner or two too avoid these things.

King Manu, Feb 13, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch, Snoopy240 and jrbiz like this.
  3. Alex Leizerovich

Alex Leizerovich Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Their mindset. You gotta have a strong mindset if you wanna make it in anything. Some people just dont believe it works/don't believe they deserve it. 80% of success in anything is the mindset.
    2. Incomplete information. Some gurus will give you some kinda blueprint that is missing some lil tweaks that can really make stuff work. And it takes a lot of time to find this by yourself. Most the people just quit.
    3. People are trying to do everything by themselves because they think that everybody wants to scam them and only take their money. Personally i've invested thousands of dollars in studying stuff and in my business. This is how winners act the rest just wondering.
    4. They take it as hobby and not a serious business that you need to work on everyday, hours each day. I mean people work 9-5 to get paid some pathetic salary, but they think they can create online business by acting like it's a hobby.

Alex Leizerovich, Feb 14, 2015 IP
    Snoopy240 and jrbiz like this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Some good points have been offered here. I would also add this to the list:

Looking for the "perfect" opportunity. News flash: there is no perfect business opportunity. All ideas/concepts/businesses have weaknesses and downsides. I see many potential entrepreneurs constantly brainstorming to come up with ideas and then abandoning all of them for one reason or another. I often advise them to come up with a list of ideas, pick the best one, warts and all, and give it a strong effort.

jrbiz, Feb 14, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch, Snoopy240 and SimThePhpCoder like this.
  5. nprins

nprins Member

Best Answers:
    One of the big reasons for the high failure rate of most online businesses relates to just how easy and cheap it is to set something up. Don't get me wrong, I think this is really great. However, this means you'll face heavy competition in almost any niche you enter making it especially difficult to get a return on your investment and more often or not your business will fail (most successful online entrepreneurs I know have failed far more times than they ever succeeded). For these reasons I think Manu's point about '"lack of discipline" and Alex's point about "mindset" are both key for any entrepreneur.

nprins, Feb 14, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch and Snoopy240 like this.
  6. Runum

Runum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Several reasons due to different circumstances.

1.General public thinks it is easy and jumps in without all the facts. Looking for the quick buck. Then they find out it requires more and they are unwilling to continue. Certainly would rather gripe than invest more time or energy.

2. Uncertainty. They want to invest time and energy on certainty. They don't want to risk a loss. They move from product to product, idea to idea. Never fully develop any idea or product.

3. Slick sales people that do take their money and do not deliver. It does happen.

4. They lose once and quit. Maybe they over estimated some things an the market wasn't there.

5. Too much information and not knowing what they are missing. Not knowing what questions to ask and who to ask.

6. So much to not understand about internet marketing. So much misinformation or outdated information.

That's all I can think of at this time. Maybe more to come.

Runum, Feb 15, 2015 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  7. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Here is what I think, and I am sure that everyone will laugh.

ONE WORD = HEART

Just like the ROCKY movies.

Some people have the heart to STICK and .....some give up

My FAVORITE from Fredrick:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Freder...rick_Douglass.2C_An_American_Slave_.281845.29

The whole history of the progress of human liberty shows that all concessions yet made to her august claims have been born of earnest struggle. … If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both

sundaybrew, Feb 15, 2015 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  8. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You are spot on with these answers man!!

I agree with you here.

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers! :D

Snoopy240, Feb 23, 2015 IP
    King Manu likes this.
  9. Snoopy240

Best Answers:
    I agree man. Mindset is one of the most important keys to success online.

If your mindset is not right, then things will not be right on the outside. Success starts within!

And yeah, a lot of people take this as a Hobby, and they get paid like a hobby. You need to treat this like a real business, if you want it to pay like a real business!

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers!

10. TheDataPlanet.com

TheDataPlanet.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Too easily distracted.

TheDataPlanet.com, Feb 23, 2015 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  11. Snoopy240

Best Answers:
    I agree!

A lot of people keep on blaming the opportunity and the programs online - when they need to be blaming themselves for the results they are getting!

Thanks for your input man!

Cheers! :)

jrbiz likes this.
  12. Alex Leizerovich

Alex Leizerovich Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes this is just crazy how people now ask me if I can teach them to earn online.
    But they ask me things like whats the fastest way to earn?
    How many hours per week do I need to invest ?
    Those are all questions that newbies ask.
    Those who are really willing don't care how much time they'll need to invest.
    I've been learning IM and doing business for years now.
    I've spent thousands.
    Right now I am working on my business every day.
    Learning new methods I can add, trying new stuff, reinvesting more money.
    And hell I have to say this month was the best ever but i've invested a lot into this.

Alex Leizerovich, Feb 24, 2015 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  13. Curtis Dawson

Curtis Dawson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of people are misguided by false promises when they come into the online marketing world. Most people have seen these get rich quick schemes and people think when they start online they will be making money instantly without any hard work. I, for one, know that it takes a LOT of hard work to get anywhere online. Also, people starting out online don't look at it as a part / full time job or business. Most people start working online and as soon as they figure out that there is hard work involved, they quit. Of course, there are people that keep going and those are the ones that are successful.

Curtis Dawson, Feb 24, 2015 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  14. tastysites

tastysites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with a lot of the points already made, that it seems easy and just a few hours of effort will yield these fantastical amounts of money. But success online is no different than offline, you have to work and hustle and do the things you don't fancy at times (like cold-calling) to get to the point of being able to see momentum and word of mouth advertising spreading your business for you too.

Plus, everything is just easier when you are loving what you do. :)

tastysites, Feb 24, 2015 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  15. antoseeg

antoseeg Member

Best Answers:
    There are two main things that hold people back from being successful.

1. Not knowing how to get traffic.
    2. Not being consistent working to get traffic after they learn how to get traffic.

Once a person masters the art of getting traffic, it is possible for them to easily make money online.

antoseeg, Feb 25, 2015 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  16. Carl0251

Carl0251 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They fear failure. Once they taste failure once they give up because they expect it to happen again, and they probably will fail again. But persistence is what serperates those who fail and those who are succesful.

I think there was a quote somewhere... "The pain you feel now is temporary but if you quit the pain will be permanent" Meaning your going to have it hard either way, might as well get a reward for your hard work.

Carl0251, Mar 5, 2015 IP
    Snoopy240 and Rado_ch like this.
  17. primewebmaster

primewebmaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The saying that only 2% will succeed online is very much true they are diving to early without proper training and not getting a good mentor for them to emulate,Don't believe on the hype on every splash page you come across

primewebmaster, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  18. heruma

heruma Member

Best Answers:
    Online business is just like any other business, be it MLM or brick or mortar.
    1. It needs the right mindset (as all of you have mentioned).
    2. Keep moving forward, if you have problems, ask the right questions and you will received the right answer.
    3. Expectation clashes with reality. There are a lot of works to be done.
    4. Unwilling to invest in building team. Start by building networking with people. Team here can be translated into outsourcing, JV, employee or affiliate.
    5. Unwilling to spend time and money to learn. You have to get your hand dirty to understand what is going on.

heruma, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  19. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Reading through some of the comments here, and its quite interesting.
    Let me share something. A friend of ours recently decided to rent a great location to do hairstyling for both men and women. Yes, they have 20+ years of experience, and yes, the place they rented was very expensive, which makes it very risky. I asker her about where she advertised, which papers, if she advertised online, and found out something. She does no advertising. Its just a great location, she has clients paying up to $1000 for certain services, and is busy 7 days a week.

This is an offline business. Someone with no money spent on marketing, can make a great income. But here is something to consider, she can charge what she wants. Online? While I need $xx to make it worthwhile doing something, while I have high costs in providing specific services, the price I charge is limited by the price people from other countries charge. Sure I can charge whatever I want, but I am not going to have any business at all if I do that. Thats one key difference between working online and offline. Offline business competes with its local area, whereas working online its so easy to find someone cheaper. Or here is another example. I met someone that did a business card for someone really cheap (approx $1k), DO YOU THINK I HIRED THEM? They would have no chance working online, because I can find better designers for less then $1k from America, UK, etc, and lets not forget that there is also fiverr.... so working online, its so easy for people to compare prices and find and hire someone cheaper.

Now, lets look at starting an online business (website). You can sink $10k? $20k? $50k? into a online business, and if you dont market it heavily, its going to fail. I know one person with a $20k websites that is never going to earn $1. A better marketing plan, and a significantly large marketing budget is what was needed. I have seen this with others that also hoped that a website would magically bring them money, and its not.

@Snoopy, it always seems like so many succeed online. Like the time one guy was on here selling an ebook on how he makes $100 a day, but in another thread was begging for $20.... most of the claimed online success is fake. Im on Webhostingtalk alot, some of the people I have chatted with always ran off their mouths like they were the big dogs, and it looks like they are successful. Then after a while I end up making an offer for their business as they were going under and couldnt pay for their servers. They didnt make shit. But the whole time they were on the forum, they had to maintain an illusion that they were successful. EVERYONE ONLINE HAS TO DO THIS. How many times on digitalpoint have we had new members signup just to post screenshots of earnings and income etc... its like, hmmm, is someone getting ready to sell an ebook?
    Lets be honest. Lets say I am a total loser and wanna make a quick buck. Easiest way to make money, is to write a crap ebook on how I made a million dollars and sell it to other losers that wanna make money online. You dont even need to write it, just scrape random crap off the net or worse still put inside "sell an ebook to suckers"

As for online business, such as websites, realying on SEO is interesting. SEO is essentially a way of getting "free" traffic. Yet google has no responsibilities to rank any particular site on the first page. Their only responsibilities are to themselves and advertisers. Time and time again, there have been people making a fortune, individuals, and real businesses alike, that have had their businesses completely destroyed by changes done by google to their algorithm.
    With any business done online, you need to be prepared for disaster. You need to be prepared for the search engines to make your site completely invisible to the world. Reminds me of what Sun Tzu said, "It is in times of war you prepare for peace, and in times of peace you prepare for war."

People relying on adsense for income, and or investing in sites for the claimed income, need to understand that google, can at its discretion, decide not to do business with you. Again, you need to be prepared for this.
    This is why, if a site is ranking very well only by SEO, and is earning nicely only from adsense, then I wont touch it, neither would I suggest anyone else to invest in it, borrow funds for it, etc.

Every few years, there are major updates done to google, and dozens and dozens of people are heavily impacted. I have seen this happen to sites I was bidding / buying on flippa, I have seen this happen to others here that brought a site, and after payment, BOOM, site was dead. Buyer was screaming the seller was a scammer, but it wasnt, it was a google update, the buyer just never thought that they could invest in a site, spend good money on what looked like a great investment, only to have his investment wiped out overnight.

Before investing money, look at the risk. Be smart. Dont take risks if you cant afford it. Thats the thing about being online, the potential to earn a million dollars is here, its just a keystroke away, but their is also great risk. But whatever you do online, just dont rely soley on SEO for traffic, or on adsense for income, otherwise sooner or later you can lose everything.

matt_62, Mar 7, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine told me last week he had someone who wanted to buy his e-book but they didn't want to spend the $15. I think the fear of spending money hold a lot of people back. For some reason there is some myth that goes around and people believe they can make money without spending a cent. Although for hackers and people that steal this isn't really the case but for most of use we have to spend money to make it.

Franklin Hatchett, Mar 10, 2015 IP