1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Happens to my Content?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Jackson Bennett, Jan 5, 2015.

Hi Folks,

Wasn't sure if "Blogging" or "Wordpress" was the best category for this question. Admins if I got it wrong, please feel free to move the thread to the proper location.

Anyhow, I recently let my site's hosting and domain name expire as I no longer wish to do anything with it. However, I am curious what happens to the content that was on it. It is still indexed by Google as far as I can tell (I cut n' copied an excerpt of some of the content into Google).

These articles and news stories may hold value to someone else, so I am curious if I can still sell it or not. Will Google ever "un-index" the content.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Best,
    Jackson.

Jackson Bennett, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  2. BMR777

BMR777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, eventually Google will unlist the content. Depending on how big the site was this may take some time. Google will want to make sure that the content is indeed gone and that it is not available due to other issues, such as the site being temporarily down, etc. Your content may live on forever at archive.org, however.

BMR777, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  3. Jackson Bennett

Jackson Bennett Peon

Best Answers:
    This may be a dumb question but is there a way to remove the site completely from Archive.org. It looks like a pretty expansive site so I am wondering if I could email the administrators. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but I put a lot of myself in those posts so I really don't want them to go to waste when they could be used elsewhere.

I am thinking of setting up my own server to avoid paying hosting (currently with GoDaddy) and re-establish my website.

Jackson Bennett, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  4. BMR777

BMR777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may be able to have them remove the content, but I don't know how successful at this you will be. You might want to start here though: https://archive.org/about/exclude.php

If that doesn't work, you could maybe file a DMCA notice on archive.org to claim copyright of the content and force it to be removed. See the exclusions section link under the link above for more info.

BMR777, Jan 6, 2015 IP