1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What happened to Jesus?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by alaska88, Jun 8, 2007.

1. kafer

kafer Peon

Best Answers:

I’m only talking about the sound logic of the story from and within the fairytale standpoint. To me the whole idea of Jesus death, resurrection and ascension is nothing but a fairytale. The Quranic tale version was more reasonable.

Perhaps you haven’t noticed my signature.:)

kafer, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  2. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who cares? all this story is just a story, an invention, fiction...
    Why is Harry Potter...
    And I can't even think that Mobby Dick...

Codythebest, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  3. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    The whole of point of Christianity is how Jesus was killed, and tortured.
    There wouldn't be much of a Christianity if Jesus paid some guy to die instead of him!

KingofKings, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  4. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    Jesus is God. Anyone who denies that IS being derogatory towards God/Jesus.

SolutionX, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  5. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can't wait to see...

Codythebest, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  6. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Derogatory Col. That's me!! :rolleyes:

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  7. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    off the top of my head, i remember something about him being nailed to a bit of wood.

samantha pia, Jun 10, 2007 IP
  8. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Yep. "stauros" is the word.

It's certainly not a cross.

Cheap SEO Services, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  9. temujin

temujin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a intolerant way of thinking. Its usually that kind of stuff that causes radicalism.

I don't understand what there is to argue about? Islam has different teachings , it's not the exact same as christianity even though the origins is said to be from the same source.

temujin, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  10. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    so it was incest? he banged his own mom, popped back in there for 9 month and popped out and shouted "surprise" :eek:

samantha pia, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  11. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not a radical or intolerant. I just believe that I have the correct interpretation of the Scriptures and that it is the Word of God, and if I'm correct, the opposite of correct is incorrect. I would be lying to say that Islam and other Religions that don't believe Jesus was God could be true, because I don't believe the Bible states that.

You believe that it's an intolerant way of thinking, and stated that. You didn't say "I think that's an intolerant way of thinking, but you might still be right". You said "That's an intolerant way of thinking.". That's all I did. Stated what I believe is the truth.

SolutionX, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  12. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes: I shouldn't even being replying to this, but do you realize how immature you sound? Aren't you the one who gave me negative rep on a random thread outside of P&R, because of something I said in P&R anyway? You need to grow up a little, I think.

13. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't ironic that in Christianity Jesus died for us while in Islam someone died for Jesus.

And there's no shortage of Islamic someones even today dying for and murdering for Allah.

KalvinB, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You know, when you put it that way ---- it makes perfect sense. ;)

Mia, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  15. temujin

temujin Peon

Best Answers:
    ok that is your belief and I respect that , but other peoples have their own belief too. you should be kind to them and respect their belief the same way that you respect your own beliefs. listen to what others are saying and accept them as your equal even if you disagree , we're all connected in the same world and are equals , lets not be so closed off - do we not all share joy , suffering , and bleed red blood? think about it. thats all im suggesting..

temujin, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  16. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I respect everyone's right to their own beliefs, but I don't have to say their beliefs are equally correct as mine when i don't believe they are. In fact, I was defending my own beliefs because someone said that Islam isn't derogatory towards Jesus. I Simply pointed out that it is by the very nature of not accepting Jesus as God.

By your own logic, you obviously don't respect my belief that I am right and they are wrong, lol.

BTW, we don't ALL bleed red blood. ;) Check this guy's blood out. Freaky. :eek:

17. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    Your problem is there's not many backing up your statements. Why? Because you are not showing respect yourself. You do know that Jesus wants us to "love our enemies". Not to bag them out on their beliefs.

Cheap SEO Services, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  18. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    People can interperet what I say however they want, but I know my true motives. I already know that usually when I say something it comes out sounding rude or arrogant. I gave up on trying to prevent that a long time ago. It's just part of my personality and been that way my whole life. I've had very little positive social exposure, so the little nuances that make people feel warm and fuzzy don't come easy to me. If I try, it just sounds worse, trust me.

19. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't love someone feel free to not tell them the gospel and let them believe whatever they want. It really would make you a jerk to tell someone that the rock they're holding so tightly too won't slow their decent out of the airplane.

Jesus told people they were wrong on a number of occasions. He pointed them to the scriptures to do it.

The confusion comes from people thinking that it's not loving to let people know they're making a mistake. That it's not loving to punish someone.

It's this misguided definition of "love" that makes people stand by and watch as loved ones die because they "love" them too much to tell them that the alternative medicines they're relying on to cure cancer are bogus.

If you really loved your enemies, you'd even tell the person you hated most that their beliefs are wrong, scientology can't help their psychological issues and that they need to go see a doctor.

But, seriously guys, it's way more loving to let that scientologist mentally rot because you wouldn't want to offend them.

What is it written, "am I therefore your enemy because I tell you the truth?" or something like that.

Interesting. You shouldn't hate your brother, you should tell him he's doing wrong so that he doesn't suffer. What an odd idea.

The question is, are you telling them they're wrong because you want to be right, or are you telling them they're wrong because you want them to be right?

KalvinB, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  20. atari

atari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's freaking dumb! Why would anyone take money to die for someone? Not like they'd be able to spend it!

atari, Jun 11, 2007 IP