1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what happen if i dont pay paypal negative balance

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by idunnowhy, Oct 15, 2011.

1. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    Ring up again, you should get someone else, you dont need to do any of what was said, police will do bugger all. Just say something along the lines of "i've recieved this the other day, im 15 and fact is i dont even have a paypal account, im not even old enough to have paypal" , they should they ask you to send them some proof, if they say anything else then ignore them.

AllHostOne.co.uk, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    actually i did read that. My response is still the same.

matt_62, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Bro, i hate buying on amazon, but had to do it for something i needed, so put in details (i always remove credit card details afterwards) and several days after buying the item i received this fake email from amazon:
    http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/8579/amazonfraudemail.jpg

BUT i didnt panic, respond or open a paypal case or click on any links in the email and the item arrived in under 2 weeks. (yeah amazon as a company has some serious security issues, as i dont see how i can get fake emails everytime i place an order with them)

Fake emails get sent all the time. While i didnt see your particular fake email, the response to these is to ignore them. There is always the possibility that fake emails get sent by 3rd parties or from compromised accounts and doesnt mean that the entire deal is fishy.

Anyway good luck to you. Please let us know when its resolved.

matt_62, Aug 10, 2012 IP
  4. mussy52

mussy52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well in that case, your point makes no sense..

mussy52, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  5. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if thats the case you really shouldnt be doing business transactions at all.

matt_62, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  6. mussy52

mussy52 Peon

Best Answers:
    Right, so I called them up again today and told them exactly what you said, and the person replied saying 'yes but because you claim you dont have a PayPal account, and someone has used your credit card details and your name, so you have to get a crime reference number or a log number from the police station in order for us to pass that information on to Paypal.' I then insisted on telling him if I could just send some proof of ID, but he continuously kept saying no, and that you have to get a log number, and then I pretty much gave up.

This is getting more and more difficult ffs.

mussy52, Aug 20, 2012 IP
  7. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    'someone has used your credit card' obviously the guy on the phone does not know the british banking / law , people under 18 cannot get credit cards. Just send them a photocopy of your ID and a letter with your reference number saying that I have recieved this letter, and that under the law in the UK a minor cannot get debt, I am 15 and here is the proof, something like that.

AllHostOne.co.uk, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  8. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    prepaid credit cards are common.

look im not trying to get involved or inflame the situation, its just that as i am from Australia, im not aware of the uk culture so i just want to ask, If you really had someone falsely use your address, phone number, name and debit card details, and open and verify a paypal and ebay account and run up bills under your name, would you not report this to the police? or in the very least report the card itself as being stolen?

allhostone, your clearly correct that minors cant get into debt, mussy, you probly will never have to pay it back, i doubt that anyone would ever hold a 15 year old accountable, but as i said before, perhaps a legal guardian working with you could help you put this behind you quickly. I found a free legal advice site for uk:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Dir...Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195356

im sure if you tell the legal aid that your being harrassed by a debt collector and your under 15, i bet they can help fix it real quick.

matt_62, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  9. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    Well when i rang them they asked me to send proof of my age, so i did that, along with a covering letter, rang up a few days later and they said they had dropped the case...

AllHostOne.co.uk, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  10. mussy52

mussy52 Peon

Best Answers:
    I called them again this evening, they told me exactly the same thing about the crime reference number. The reason he said someone ahs used your credit card, is because in actual fact I do have a DEBIT card that is linked to my PayPal, and so they think its fraud (identity theft) and thats the reason why they are asking for a crime reference number. When I asked him what will you do with that number, he said, 'ill pass that number on to paypal and they'll investigate the case, and once that's done PayPal will close that account and you wont have to pay a thing'

I've tried to come up with some options:
    -Send them a letter with ID, although im not sure what they'll do after that...
    -Call them up again and shout down the phone saying, nobody is helping me, and you keep bugging me, and if you do keep ringing me ill report you for harassment.
    -Call them up and ask them to leave me alone, even if it means I have to pay a small fee (like £50)

They sent me a letter saying that they'll take me to court, or arrange for someone to come to my house in order to talk 'financial concerns' blah blah.

Thanks Matt, but I think that will have to be my last option, to get a fourth party involved would cause even more hassle, but then again you have a good point, hmmm.

mussy52, Aug 24, 2012 IP
  11. Brauti

Brauti Peon

Best Answers:
    If amount is small you dont have to worry about it but for bigger amount you might get leagal notice from the paypal or they keep sending you emails to add fund in your account

Brauti, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  12. learnable

learnable Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have added an credit card then they will charge your credit card, and if you don't have one then they will limit your account and will ask you to resolve the negative balance.

learnable, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  13. AllHostOne.co.uk

AllHostOne.co.uk Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal never charged my card that was attached. If they did I would of told my bank it was a unauthorised transaction. Send iQor a copy of your passport and a covering letter, tell them your age and under UK law a minor cannot get into debt.

AllHostOne.co.uk, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  14. freevultur123

freevultur123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Helloo, I sold this vehicle and this guy wants $2000 saying that the vehicle had rust which it did not. Anyways I sent them photos and all that and of course the guy won, because his credit card company got into this case.. Anyways, I have closed the account that was associated with that paypal account, and I did not put my SSN in there. All I have is my name and address and ph. number.. They call me like 5 times a day. Can it still affect my credit if they dont have my SSN? Thank you.

freevultur123, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  15. MysticMagicks

MysticMagicks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is this: Don't pay them back, quit using paypal, and start using your bank account. Banks will rule in YOUR favor, unlike PayPal.

MysticMagicks, Nov 5, 2012 IP
    freevultur123 likes this.
  16. freevultur123

freevultur123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, thats what I was thinking. The banker closed that account and I have opened a new one. I never provided my SSN to Paypal, so there is no way in which they will screw around with my credit.. You think I should also change the bank or no?

freevultur123, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  17. MysticMagicks

MysticMagicks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you've never sent your SSN to PayPal, you should be fine where you're at; no need to change your bank and go through that hassle.

I'm negative $1,500 in my PayPal due to a scammer, and I even entered in my SSN. If PayPal wants to sue me or press any charges, I welcome them to do so; I have all the proof I need.

You should be fine where your at, and if PayPal starts bugging you or anything, you have proof with the pictures you took of the car.

MysticMagicks, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  18. freevultur123

freevultur123 Peon

Best Answers:
    yea, I have clear pictures of the vehicle, and plus as well when the driver delivered the car there, he didnt say anything.. he decided to do a chargeback after 30 DAYS!!! Thanks for your replies everyone!

freevultur123, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  19. MysticMagicks

MysticMagicks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you'll be fine. I have a feeling PayPal's 'unauthorized claims and disputes' team is just a barn full of lousy pigs who don't care do take a close look at anything. They might rule in the buyer's favor this time, but you have all the information you need if they decide to take the situation further (I doubt they will).

MysticMagicks, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  20. freevultur123

freevultur123 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey guys, I got a letter from paypals collection agency, telling me I have to pay back..

freevultur123, Nov 13, 2012 IP