1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What hackers did to Google?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by qll, Jul 27, 2004.

Currently, I can not use IE to access Adsense. I can view it from Netscape and Opera, but if I use IE, it will hang.
    SEMrush
    I am afraid of the NEW virus which passing around in Google/Yahoo. I searched the info about the search engine virus, but no details were given in any news article.

qll, Jul 27, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. jfontestad

jfontestad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i got into adsense fine with IE...

jfontestad, Jul 27, 2004 IP
  3. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    i guess my machine is hacked then. because i can access anything including google except adsense login, but ping is ok, Opera/netscape are ok with Adsense login. Do you have any more info how could a virus be passed onto google then back to visitors? I missed typed Gogle.com/adsense or Gogole.com/adsense, but I am not exactly sure which miss spelling I did, then after that I can no long log in from IE. I have to use the back up of my OS to refresh the machine tonight, meaning the cookie of this site will be gone and I forgot the password here already.

Updates: I foudn the problem. The hacker's site distroyed my https SSL, so adsense sits on SSL, and I can not connect it anymore. All other bank sites are down for me too because they use SSL. The Hacker's site is GoToo.com or USSEEK.com. Don't visit them.

qll, Jul 27, 2004 IP
  4. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you try restarting your PC? It could just be a windows error. we all know there are plenty of those. ;)

I've had that happen to me before but I leave my old crappy work computer on for weeks at a time and sometimes the memory leaks in windows gets too bad and my PC runs to a halt and things start not working, one of the first signs is IE "acting up."

After I restart, or sometimes just close all IE browsers and reopen one it fixes it.

These are the reasons I am using, and enjoyin, FireFox now. There are mods/extensions that work great. I have the Google Toolbar mod, almost exactly the same (I only miss the blogger button) and even has added features Google doesn't give you. I am guessing it doesn't have the Google spyware in it too (hi anthony :D ) and someone even made a PageRank extension. Plus I've found more useful extensions, like RSS feed reader, tabular support, single window mode, and even some cool looking themes.

OK enough FireFox advert. Although I am liking it more everyday.

Such Great Heights, Jul 27, 2004 IP
  5. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a FireFox convert as well for the most part. If they get the memory issues fixed then it will be the best browser ever. Till then, I close the browser every so often to free up the memory it won't release.

mopacfan, Jul 28, 2004 IP