1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What genius here can overwrite CSS background color?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by shellyreynolds, May 31, 2008.

Ok not that I'm a genius with this stuff, but I can't figure out a way to overwrite the CSS background color that works. I just need it on one page and any of the code I put it doesn't seem to work. Whoever here can tell me the proper code to overwrite the CSS to make the background white gets a gold star from me as well as the honor of 2008 Digital Point CSS Guru :p

shellyreynolds, May 31, 2008 IP
  2. X.Homer.X

X.Homer.X Peon

Best Answers:
    um..

body {
      background-color:#FFFFFF;
    }

Code (markup):

X.Homer.X, May 31, 2008 IP
  3. fabriciogr

fabriciogr Active Member

Best Answers:
    as mentioned before it's

body {
      background-color:#FFFFFF;
    }
    Code (markup):

but you mention you can't seem to override it so i assume you where already doing that..

if so that means either you have a typo in your css and style sheet is breaking or further down in your code some style is overriding the background color.

what i usually do when i have a similar issue is try to put the style inline as this will override any previously declared css.

so try this in your html code.

<html>
    <head>
    </head>
    <body style="background-color:#ffffff;">
    </body>
    </html>
    Code (markup):

if this works then you'll have to reverse engineer your css and see what's wrong.

fabriciogr, May 31, 2008 IP
  4. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Or shove it at the very top or very bottom of the CSS file I can't remember which one takes priority.

Or just find the exisiting one in your CSS file which really isn't that hard, via the Find function...

wd_2k6, May 31, 2008 IP
    rochow likes this.
  5. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty sure it's at the bottom as its the last read (then again, theory is a wonderful thing that often turns out false)

rochow, May 31, 2008 IP
  6. shellyreynolds

shellyreynolds Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you everyone for your help :D

Unfortunately I still wasn't able to so I had to create an alt CSS to use on that page. It was on a custom create vBulletin page that still followed the styling of the rest of the vBulletin on the site. I tell you I've had so many problems when it comes to doing graphics within vBulletin. A lot of times that stupid program just won't let you overwrite anything, no matter what you do.

Anyway you all get the gold star :p

shellyreynolds, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  7. X.Homer.X

X.Homer.X Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you could have edited the vBulletin page css and added a class. but whatever. :p

X.Homer.X, Jun 2, 2008 IP