1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What games do you play that are being turned off?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sarahk, Dec 14, 2022.

I've had a bad year with games being discontinued.

At the start of the year, the augmented reality game Harry Potter Wizards Unite was turned off despite a loyal and vociferous userbase.

During the year 2 more games that I'd had beta access to were canned despite never having an official launch.

Now I'm in the final "season" of another augmented reality game based on the Walking Dead tv show - it's being replaced by a FarmVille style game that isn't AR.

Are developers dropping other games too?

sarahk, Dec 14, 2022 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly a contributor to why I don't play a lot of online-only games.

Alongside the basic fact I play games to get the *** away from people and be entertained by a story. I want to interact with people, I'll go interact with people.

That said, I'm still kind of miffed that "Outlaws of the Old West" like so many other hopeful MMO's filled with potential is for all intents and purposes dead both in development and its future. I'm waiting for the official servers to be closed down any time now. Was one of the few MMO I enjoyed mostly because of the RP servers, where everyone was actually trying to help each-other.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    deathshadow, Dec 14, 2022 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm completely the opposite and value a few of the people I've met gaming highly. I find I prefer team play and collaboration. But that's the glorious thing about games - there's a genre to suit everyone and loads of games within each genre.

sarahk, Dec 14, 2022 IP
  4. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I play games just for fun with my friends. I used to play PUBG (Desktop version and also PUBGM) but now it's banned in India and they released another alternative to this game that I really don't like and banned that too.
    Another game that I used to play is Clash of Clans ( I don't play it on regular basis but play it when I got some free time).

And, my all-time fav game is GTA San Andreas.

Sumit_Singh, Dec 15, 2022 IP
  5. christinabdnr

christinabdnr Peon

Best Answers:
    I was really upset by the news that Ubisoft is shutting down online for 15 games. I haven't played all of these games, but it's still a pity. Some of the games I saved and will be able to play the single-player version of Assassin's Creed and Silent Hunter offline. But Space Junkies is no longer playable in any way. So I decided to replay my favorite DS Games. I still have my console in good condition and a few chapters of The Legend of Zelda. A few more games have been ordered and should arrive in time for Christmas. At least something from the games brings me happiness instead of disappointment like Unisoft.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    christinabdnr, Dec 17, 2022 IP
  6. Memurlarnet

Memurlarnet Peon

Best Answers:
    In PUBG, up to 100 players parachute onto a large map and scavenge for weapons, equipment, and resources to eliminate other players while trying to stay within a shrinking safe zone. The last player or team standing wins the match. Visit Here: Memurlarnet

Memurlarnet, Jul 31, 2023 IP
  7. Memurlarnet

Memurlarnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Memurlarnet

Memurlarnet, Jul 31, 2023 IP
  8. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Resident Evil I would say, is not that good anymore. I mean, you play horror games because you wanna feel tension. Yes? But with RE, all the primary heroes are the Avengers now. So whenever the world gets an ass kicking, they are gonna be there to even the odds. And um, they do just that. Over and over again.

I think RE just got to be way too commercial to be scary. But if Ridney Scott can like the look of the new Alien movie, despite the franchise turning to dog's muck over the years, then hell. I could still be surprised with Crapcom even yet...

Johnny Mnemonic, Oct 26, 2023 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    But have they been discontinued?

sarahk, Oct 26, 2023 IP
  10. vrwrys

vrwrys Member

Best Answers:
    Forces of freedom.They ran out of money.It was like a good movie that bombed at the box office due to the lack of a decent marketing plan.I was heartbroken.

vrwrys, Oct 26, 2023 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  11. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No. Capcom has not discontinued RE.

Johnny Mnemonic, Oct 27, 2023 IP
  12. jackjns12

jackjns12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Capcom is doing well and they will continue releasing RE.

jackjns12, Nov 17, 2023 IP