1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What frustrates you about marketing - feel free to rant here!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by www_HypeFree_com, Sep 18, 2014.

First let me disclose that I love marketing. But often it's so frustrating. Don't get me wrong when all goes well it's amazing!

So I though about starting a thread here, where we can went about frustrations we run into, and I'll start with my biggest frustration which is with web developers.

ME: Can you do it by Monday the 26?
    DEVELOPER: Sure, no problem

Of course nothing is done on time! It can be frustrating getting custom jobs coded, but it's part of the web marketing journey. I have other frustrations but I thought I start with that one.

What's your marketing frustration? Feel free to rant here.

www_HypeFree_com, Sep 18, 2014 IP
  2. shaniusmang

shaniusmang Active Member

Best Answers:
    hahaha you are right, every developer have same problem. One of my friend is also a developer when we ask something then he said that it is ok it will be ready on this day and when we ask that is it completed then he tell us new story of delay of work.

shaniusmang, Sep 19, 2014 IP
  3. NewJoe

NewJoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's just a bit strange how apple manages to sell all it's production under the "First ever" stuff, if it's not first at all. The marketing campaign of Apple inc. has been the most successful so far in USA.

NewJoe, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Paid advertising. It's getting so freaking expensive, sometimes, I feel it's not worth my time or money anymore.

It's not about keywords or how well your ad is phrased anymore. If you can afford this $$ much and it's more than the other guy is paying - you're good.

qwikad.com, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What is killing me is how expensive B2B telemarketing is getting. 10 years ago, a good telemarketer could set 2 appointments per hour of calling for an outside sales force. Now, because of caller ID, voice mail, etc., it can take 4-6 hours to get a single appointment. Really raises the cost per appointment.

jrbiz, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason is the web developer you hired is not professional or not capable to do his job, the programmer must tell the client earlier if the project is cannot be done on the time scheduled and not telling a new story just to be excused from the job.

KylieSweet, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  7. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    When this happens to my, it is usually due to the client "oh by the way, when the user scrolls down that thing should slide in from the right", it's not that is a hard task or anything, but your schedule gets pushed back the more stuff you "btw add this"-onto me, and it will cause delays.

Helge Sverre, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  8. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quite True!

This can happen anywhere, not for paid job only! But yes, it is more frustrating when you are ready to pay for service and still can't be done on time.

janinaherz, Sep 25, 2014 IP
  9. Norebbo

Norebbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social media frustrates me the most. I'd rather just sit and create quality content rather than having to keep active on Facebook/Twitter/Google+, etc, but I understand the necessity.

Norebbo, Sep 26, 2014 IP
  10. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I get frustrated with everyone expecting one aspect or another of Marketing to be a miracle worker - I will just set up this page and I will be rolling in the money... It is a lot more work and involvement than that. Yes, eventually, you can automate a lot of marketing tasks and let them do their thing, but it takes a lot of time and energy to get to that point. Even still, you need to do your due diligence, check in on things, make changes and adjustments, etc.

JessUBotNinja, Sep 29, 2014 IP
  11. Boost_Software

Boost_Software Member

Best Answers:
    Countless questions about how to get rich quickly without putting in very much effort. This is more common in online marketing than in other types. It seems that every generation has to learn "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch." If people spent as much time on developing something of quality that was useful to people as they do on trying to by-pass work in order to get rich...then the world would be a better place! Oh my, I sound like my grandmother.

Boost_Software, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  12. Nathan Nartker

Nathan Nartker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Marketing! I remember when youtube had no commercials. Now just about every video has a commercial tied to it.

Nathan Nartker, Sep 30, 2014 IP
  13. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Frustrated that the bad apples are ruining the industry.

Ethan Alvin, Oct 2, 2014 IP