1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What freebies?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Detechter, Jan 7, 2014.

What freebies (either easily collected from the internet like pdf or easily created) should I offer in my Tech blog (www.detechter.com) to attract more visitors as well as develop loyalty? Does this work at all?

Detechter, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  2. Johnnygood

Johnnygood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you considered contacting couple tech shops to get a discount for them(and maybe they will give you % of rev made) This way your are making cooperation with other companies tight which is a good thing for startups.

Thanks,
    Johnny

Johnnygood, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  3. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you got a great site there man!

I see your rankings and your site authority - I gotta say that you are on your way to a very successful blog.

To answer your question...

You should offer a Freebie to your visitors and readers in exchange of their email address. I'm assuming you are building a list?

And if you are not then you are missing out on a lot of more traffic and sales online. You should also let people subscribe to your blog in an RSS Feed - like Feedburner.com

If you don't want to invest in a Email Marketing Tool like Aweber right now - you can still build a readers list that will get automatic emails every time you have new content. You can do this with Feedburner.com and get a Subscription Form for your site.

You can either create a free, simple PDF/eBook with very valuable information to give out for free or you can become an affiliate of a product you have used or like and see if they offer a free report to give out. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't but the goal here with this strategy is to capture leads as much as possible.

I'm also wondering how are you earning money from your blogs revenue? .. I dont think Ive seen any banners, call to actions, capture pages or any type of ads on your site.

If your goal is not to make money with your blog then I respect that - Im just wondering.

Anyways... I hope this info helps you!

I wish you much success on your online journey and with your goals!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  4. Detechter

Detechter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Snoop...
    Been working 3+ months on this site and traffic has been up and down. Hence the trusted idea of freebies. I intend to put ads/affiliates once the site becomes respectable. Working on the emails too.
    Thanks man.

Detechter, Jan 7, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  5. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No problem man!

You are doing a great job so far in 3months. A lot of people blog for years and dont get too far but that is because of many factors.

It's not a bad idea to wait for your site to get a lot of traffic first, before monetizing it. But that depends on you and how you want to build your blog - some people just want to start making money as soon as possible so they can re-invest in the blog to speed up the traffic growth of it. That's what I did and still do when I build a new blog site.

Just keep doing what you are doing man... you are doing great so far!

Keep it up!

Much success bro!

:cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  6. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey Detechter,

I agree. Very nice site and your squeeze page is enticing.

Have a look at this site. They have a whole load of different products you can use as freebies on your site. Not an affiliate link:

http://www.scriptsgenie.com/Freebies.html

dailybread2011, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  7. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Write your own ebooks, use those.

Joe@AdPatron, Jan 7, 2014 IP
  8. Titus Warwick

Titus Warwick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would create a free ebook (doesn't have to be long) that your visitors can download with an email opt in. They get a free ebook and you get an email to sell them stuff with. :)

From what I understand, there are places where you can buy ebooks to resell (no copyright) for fairly cheap. Cant remember the name of the site though...heard it in passing.

Good luck!

Titus Warwick, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  9. onlineaholic

onlineaholic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it does work. Give your readers something of value rather than just content. Smart move, man!

onlineaholic, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  10. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you want to give a freebie but not put much effort into it with the "easily collected / created" part.

This is a bad move. Giving away no freebie is better than giving away a poor quality freebie. Just because it's free doesn't mean it can be bad - it will reflect on yoiur whole site.

If people see your free products are bad they will never buy a paid product from you because it reflects on your other products.

Make the freebie the best possible product you can if you want to give one away. Create a simple product that solves one single and important product people in your niche have. If you have a tech blog then maybe some free software or tool that solves a problem would work better.

Simply having a freebie won't draw in more traffic by it's self you would still have to promote that freebie.

Keep in mind that freebies tend to attract freebie seekers. Many people will come for the freebie but then never come back. You are better to work on creating epic content then getting that content in front of your target audience.

Start building an email list if you are not already. You don't have to give something away for people to join. If you provide enough value and epic content on your blog already aks them to sign up for more of the same / updates so they never miss your content and they will.

It's better to get the people who REALLY want to receive your emails and updates that people who dob't care much, join to get a freebie, then never open another email.

Stuart Walker, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  11. Detechter

Detechter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You kinda scared me there Stuart. Hope my content is coming out ok. Thanks.

Detechter, Jan 21, 2014 IP