1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Feature in PHP that is better on Ruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by daworm, Sep 19, 2006.

I wold just like to know what feature in PHP that is better or not implemented on Ruby. I heard a lot of marketing stuff on Ruby and am about to be convinced that its better than PHP. May I know why should I stick with PHP?

daworm, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  2. DrMalloc

DrMalloc Peon

Best Answers:
  3. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    That was an interesting read. Who'd have thunk enough people needed this that it got published and refined?

I think the point of Ruby on Rails Vs. PHP is that PHP you have to code and ROR is a 4th or 5th GL that codes for you from an IDE.

noppid, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  4. intoex

intoex Peon

Best Answers:
    I think RoR is good, BUT - it's early framework as well as Ruby as language for web-technologies, Ruby was written on C, and source is open. So - nobody saves you from new hacker attacks. This is first, which stop me from wide using of this framework.

intoex, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  5. DrMalloc

DrMalloc Peon

Best Answers:
    DrMalloc, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  6. intoex

intoex Peon

Best Answers:
    I mean that when Ruby got more popularity it becomes tasty for hackers

intoex, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  7. DonkeyTeeth

DonkeyTeeth Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a 'feature', but PHP is available on almost every UNIX/AIX/Apache based commercial hosting package. RoR hosting is a much smaller niche.

This is obviously not an issue if you're building your own web application architecture from scratch, but its definitely a consideration for most small-to-medium website developers.

I think RoR is more targeted at competing with J2EE as a web app infrastructure and IDE than it is at PHP, which is purely a server-side scripting language.

DonkeyTeeth, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  8. intoex

intoex Peon

Best Answers:
    RoR vs J2EE ? lol
    this technologies has different targets - RoR developer for FAST developing of internet projects, but no big. I think managing more then 20 tables will be hard. J2EE is good for long-time and big projects

intoex, Sep 22, 2006 IP