1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what exactly is pages in url

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by coolash, Jan 6, 2005.

Hi..ok i agree this questions has been asked before, and even read the answer and i am not even blonde, but dont know its just going over my head...at first i thought it means...the number of links within a page... for eg. the number of link you have on www. any. com .. both internal and external...it would be really nice if someone can elaborate on its exact meaning.

coolash, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  2. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    pages in url around here usually refers to the number of pages in a website that Google has in their index. So, if you go to Google and type in site:www.domain .com (substituting your domain for "domain" and no spaces between the colon and the domain) you will see how many pages Google says they have in their index for you.

This is not 100% accurate and Google has an API (programmer talk) that will give you more accurate results...but, it sounds like that is lesson #2. :)

chachi, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  3. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    pages in url = the pages that google has crawled and included in it's index.

EDIT I guess I should reply as soon as I open a window and not wait 10 min. :)

exam, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  4. coolash

coolash Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it means only internal pages..i.e pages within my website ?

i did www. mywebsite .com in the google serach engine...and got the following options

Show Google's cache of www.mysite .com
    Find web pages that are similar to www.mysite .com
    Find web pages that link to www.mysite .com
    Find web pages that contain the term "www.mysite .com"

i tried all, but none of them shows how many pages google..has indexed..where exactly to look for it?

coolash, Jan 6, 2005 IP
  5. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    I told you to type in this:

site:www.mywebsite .com

That will inlcude every page google has in their index for www.mywebsite .com

chachi, Jan 6, 2005 IP