1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What EXACTLY Does Shoemoney Do to Make So Much Money?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by sixfigureblogger, Oct 21, 2006.

1. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    tlainevool, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  2. velocity834

velocity834 Peon

Best Answers:
    First, i know for a fact shoemoney.com doesnt get him that money...it doisnt have any google ads on it as far as i can see.

Second, dont think you're the only one with this idea...many many have tried this before.

But 130k/mo....thats way more than the average person makes per YEAR.

velocity834, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  3. velocity834

velocity834 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol also just the page with shoemoney holding the check is PR5

4. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    direct posting after reading first page

for your kind information he mentioned somewhere that he has move to YPN and earning more. :)

He has some big network of website with touch of commercial niches. (that's my guess).

He has wonderful blog *must read*
    and run shows and is moderator at this forum and give pretty much of information.

Now if you think he (or anybody) will tell you straightforward key of success then you are fool. :rolleyes:

Nice men can only show you way and address of bus stand and now that's your work to take bus pay fare and goto your destination. :)

Mong, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  5. velocity834

velocity834 Peon

Best Answers:
    hehe

""
    *Edit from Rebecca*: I cleaned up the grammar in Shoemoney's responses so it would read easier.
    ""

just poiting out, not gonna comment much ;)

6. Al Capone

Al Capone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats a big check, i hope to make that much one day, lucky basterd...

Al Capone, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  7. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    And there in lies the rub, called "backlink" building. Whether true or not it works..

SFOD_D223, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  8. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know, Shoemoney does exactly one thing: MONEY :D

Mystique, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  9. kpaul

kpaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Copies of copies are dilluted, though. Some sense of originality is one of the keys, imho.

kpaul, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  10. eastbiz

eastbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Shoemoney is spending a lot of money on PPC:)

eastbiz, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  11. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The funny thing is, even if you actually took the time to do this, you might make a fraction of what he does for a month or two, but when he moved on to something new, you would be right back where you started. He already gives out a ton of advice, so instead of asking for a carbon copy, take the blueprint he provides and put in some work.

Tyler Banfield, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't you rather invent the next George Foreman Grilling Machine than replicate Shoemoney's success?

"More than 40 million George Foreman Lean, Mean, Fat-Reducing Grilling Machines have been sold since the mid-1990s, with sales going from $5 million in 1996 to $400 million in 2002."

What I'm saying is originality/ingenuity in a market large enough makes massive bucks as we can see all the time, online or offline. It's no good copying others or trying to emulate what they do.

Pete

GADOOD, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  13. Greatten

Greatten Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont understand why people find it so hard to come up with ideas on their own. If you cant, why are you even here?

Greatten, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  14. matty dread

matty dread Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all about finding a niche and getting traffic. Easier said than done, I know.

Just from reading tips on this site and doing a lot of tinkering and re-tinkering, I've managed to increase my adsense earnings to the point so I now receive a monthly check from google. That was my original goal, but I've got a lot of work to do to reach my new goals. :)

matty dread, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  15. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you think that way your right he did luck out. You don't have the mind of a successful person whether it be a webmaster or a hotdog vendor. Maybe youcan still get a job at mcDonalds :D

visio, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  16. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously your name needs changing ;)

You should read my post: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=1614691&postcount=45

You guys don't understand that Shoemoney is not anything special(no offense mate). Just like Bill Gats, Henry Ford(well okay not everyone could have done that) or any other 'great' or 'rich' person. They just believed in what they did and spent time doing it even though they had to live on nothing while they were. They had dreams, plans and believed in what they did and didn't give up until it happened.

visio, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  17. Riboflavin

Riboflavin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Riboflavin, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  18. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its still the mindset however.

visio, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  19. WebDesignPro

WebDesignPro Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! I thought this forum had the reputation for having members who are helpful. If you don't want to contribute to the thread why post in it?

Maybe your advice about being original and hard working are well meant but do you think that is what really successful people do?

That is a myth. Reverse engineering and Corporate espionage happen all the time and for good reason. It works! Look at Microsoft and Apple. The car industry, you name it. Google and Yahoo and MSN even. Even the Movie industry. Everyone copies.

Originality is overrated. Nothing is new anyway.

Just by observing we see that:
    Shoemoney found a high paying niche:Nextel, used a lure that was culturally popular: ring tones, leveraged other peoples efforts: People make and post their own ringtones, applied some SEO. His site grew to around 500,000 pages and he got rich from displaying those high paying ads.

Do you see some key ingredients there?

Can it be replicated? Maybe.

Shoemoney is a moving target.
    You can't directly leverage his knowledge and experience.
    Also he is constantly trying to create new things and expand into other areas.
    He is able to leverage the traffic he gets into successful affiliate marketing campaigns. He also diversifies and keeps his interests seperate with different corporate entities.

I hope that helps.

WebDesignPro, Oct 28, 2006 IP
  20. andyem

andyem Peon

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney is very successful because he has DRIVE - plain and simple. If you listen to his podcast show this guy knows what hes talking about but even he admits two and a half years ago he didnt know anything about the biz. Now to be where he is that fast is damn impressive.

He's told us he made a nice amount of money through ppc and adsense of course but what that has done is given him the nice cash base to persue other ventures. Also test everything and every market. This may be a slower way of doing things initially but lets say one market goes down the tubes (ie gambling, etc) then at least you have other types of sites to bring in the cash financially. Another HUGE reason why hes so big now is becuase hes out there showing his face, going to conferences making major league contacts, and so much more.

For us small timers its very hard to start a crazy of the wall idea becuase chances are it may not work, of course there are the exceptions (digg.com, lotsofish.com, facebook.com, myspace.com). Shoemoney is the new kid on the block and in another 1-2 years will be within the top rankings, easilyyy.

andyem, Oct 28, 2006 IP