1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What domain name is my best option for a keyword?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by dpunkz, Feb 26, 2012.

Someone took my domain name that I was planning on using to take advantage of a specific keyword. For an example I wanted key-word.com and the .net is taken also -- So my question is what would be a good plan B?

key-word.org
    keyword.info
    keywordinfo.com

What would be my best bet and any other ideas or suggestions? I have been able to get indexed page 1 on all the popular search engines in the past running my blog but now that the domain I wanted is taken and will be used what should I do and to stay ahead + stay page 1?

dpunkz, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  2. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion premium domains are best for choose the keywords. You may purchase the hot.com which is for sale. You will get a lot of traffic. Its really "hot".

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    humtuma, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  3. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    you can go for .org and .info and then keywordinfo.com (my 2nd choice). No matter what is the domain name extension, you can achieve the no.1 position you if you can produce quality and original content. And mainly you need to get as many backlinks possible from the high PR and quality sites (and backlinks from the relevant sites will be a plus).

josefaryan, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  4. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please stay away from hyphens and numbers. I would find either a rhyming word you can put with your keyword or look for synonyms that you can use also in addition to the keyword. Take time to come up with a domain name, there is no rush.

MikeLugar, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  5. jswift

jswift Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I find myself putting less and less priority on keyworded domains. I feel the keywords are increasingly being ignored by search engines for multiple-paged sites. The bigger your site is, the less import keywords in the domains are.

jswift, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  6. mlohia

mlohia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .coms always sell better... they sure have an advantage over the infos and the orgs and nets!

mlohia, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  7. jesse2

jesse2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    change your domain name and register .com. other extensions are not valuable

jesse2, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  8. nrmillions

nrmillions Peon

Best Answers:
    KeywordInfo.com and if you can hand register it get keyword.info to redirect.

nrmillions, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  9. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    for me i will choose keyword.info. While detch to separate your keyword will be a big mistake. Keywordinfo.com may working too hard and lose your weight for the keyword.
    You also can rank well with .info domain extension, all you need is do better than the .com site.

JerrickYeoh, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  10. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    i recommend .info

andersonsjohn, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  11. webwiseforum

webwiseforum Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I understand EDM or exact domain match .com domains are the best.

i.e. if your keyword is sell shoes, the best domain for that project would be sellshoes.com.

I'm by no means saying that's the only way to succeed but it definitely gives you a leg up on the SEO front if your keyword IS your domain name.

webwiseforum, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  12. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    However no matter how good the exact domain match is if the wanted domain is already register and out of scoop to backorder it or buy it for thousands or million dollars.

Domain extension, domain keyword and even hyphens are myths. COM domains are the best option, this is out of question, but having an hyphenated domain is not that bad if the name is made of two words that people naturally may think there's an hyphen in the middle.

But whatever the choice, what truly matters is content, SEO, and marketing campaign to get the most of whatever name of your choice.

About your options, I would go with the INFO if not any other available, and the the keywordinfo.com

Otherwise, you might try other extension if relevant to the keyword. Let's say your keyword is "Hawaii" and you are running a travel agency, then hawaii.travel could be nice, or if you keyword is "youtube" the TV extension fits.

Of course, Hawaii is probably already registered in all extension "flavors" and youtube is trademark, but just examples on how you can work around your keyword with other extensions.

Mystique, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  13. ilikegrapes

ilikegrapes Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's already some good advice here. I would definitely register the keyword.info right away, and start with that. Then, keep an eye on the actual .COM / .NET / .ORG domains, as well as other similar exact match domains. Great names expire every single day. If one of the names expires, you can place a backorder with NameJet or SnapNames to be first in line to register the name.

Also, if down the road, you're able to register the actual .COM, you can just 301 redirect your .INFO to the .COM, and you'll receive full benefit for all of the work you've done to build up the site to that point.

ilikegrapes, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  14. auro1

auro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    to select a good domain name, you need to have proper instructions and guidelines, to make the best domain name. I can help you in doing that. goingo2o.com offer you a blog with name 10 smart tips to select the right domain name for you Goo2o store. Its easy to understand and implement

auro1, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  15. WebPromotica

WebPromotica Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keyword.info is the best choice.

WebPromotica, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  16. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest keywordinfo.com . because in this domain you have keyword plus .com extension as well .

OSSEO, Mar 15, 2012 IP