1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what domain is best for this keyword?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by inaga, Nov 3, 2007.

1. live-cms_com

live-cms_com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The reason I am asking for you to back up your opinion is that I disagree that a keyworded domain improves your rankings. You give the example of www.onestopflorist.com ranking for 'one stop florist' but I have already given an alternative reason for this website to be ranking highly - targeted backlinks (with relevant anchor text) have far more benefit on your SERPs than general backlinks like 'click here'. Having the keyworded domain doesn't magically help you to rank but it does help to gain targeted backlinks.

Do you have any other reason to believe that keyworded domains rank higher other than these examples? How about a quote from Matt Cutts. ;)

And also, if you didn't notice, all of the other websites on the first page of the results don't have 'one stop florist' in their page title but www.onestopflorist.com does, I think you should have noticed this since I'm sure we can both agree that the <title> tag is important to your rankings.

live-cms_com, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  2. max pain

max pain Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have noticed most of them have "one stop" in their domain while some have "florist" in them... As far as backlinks are concerned there is nothing as good as a "natural" backlink without any anchor ( I hope you know what I mean)

max pain, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  3. live-cms_com

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You would hope for a natural array of anchor texts but with the domain www.onestopflorist.com you would have more anchor texts of 'One Stop Florist' than the other sites. The array of anchor texts will still be natural but they will have more with the target keywords so will rank higher (along with the better title tag than the other websites).

4. max pain

max pain Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We arent discussing other factors like "title" tags etc... are we? I thought we were concerned about the domain (keyword rich) and its SEO value.

max pain, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  5. christian231

christian231 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just my limited experience here...I'll create a sub folder on a domain and name the folder with the keywords I'm targeting, then my page I will name the same thing, so when it comes up in a search it looks like www,domainname.com/christmas_trees/christmas_trees.html

Combine this with having the keywords in the title, and obviously the content and it seems to work pretty well, even if the keywords aren't in the root domain. I'm sure it can't hurt doing this if the domain name was www,ChristmasTrees.com

I don't brand anything...so from and SEO standpoint, I like to have the keywords in the domain / sub folders / page names as much as possible.

christian231, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  6. brok3n

brok3n Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not register all of them?

brok3n, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  7. live-cms_com

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes we were speaking about the domain but in the example of www.onestopflorist.com you gave, it ranking 1st could be explained by the fact that it has better <title> tags than the other results rather than attributing it to the domain.

8. itzCarlin

itzCarlin Active Member

Best Answers:
    *On topic* (lol)

TeamFortress2Hacks.net

try something like TF2Hacks.com or TF2Hacks.net

alot shorter :)

itzCarlin, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  9. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TeamFortress2Hacks.org

is better, as there are no dashes, so telling people about it easy.
    it has .org domain, which sound more reputable.

c4cyber, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  10. Opportunities4u

Opportunities4u Peon

Best Answers:
    before i say which is the best one.. may i know whats the theme of your site.
    keywords and keyword phrases are different. keyword phrases gives better seach compared to sigle keyword.
    team -- very high competitor keyword, you cant defend others who are using this keyword for more than 5 years
    team fortress -- its not giving any sense of meaning
    team fortress 2 -- -- its not giving any sense of meaning
    team fortress 2 hack -- -- its not giving any sense of meaning
    fortress 2 -- -- its not giving any sense of meaning
    fortress 2 hack -- its not giving any sense of meaning

so i cant suggest you any of the domain. Because you won't be getting good search until and unless somebody is searching only for team fortress 2 hack...
    If you give me the theme of your site... i can suggest something...

I'm not making u upset or discouraging you about ur site. But telling u whats there. You should think about the future of ur site and its competitors..before buying a domain.

These keywords doent give any sense

Opportunities4u, Nov 7, 2007 IP
  11. maxyRO

maxyRO Peon

Best Answers:
    I also think TeamFortress2Hacks.net is the best!

maxyRO, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  12. inaga

inaga Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you even bothered googling what team fortress is you wouldn't ask this question. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Fortress first thing that came in google... please do some researching before trying to ... well you get it.

Anyway, I purchased team
    fortress 2 hacks.net
    Code (markup):
    and currently I'm ranked first for my targeted keywords:
    team fortress 2 hacks
    team fortress 2 aimbots
    team fortress 2 wallhacks

thanks for your time.

inaga, Nov 8, 2007 IP
  13. freediver

freediver Peon

Best Answers:
    TeamFortress2Hacks.net of the lot.

.com has precedence over net only for the fact that when you tell someone my site is TeamFortress2Hacks it is more likely they will type .com when they come home. Reason: com is more advertised then net or org and it sticks in people's minds.

Also dashes are irrelevant from a seo perspective but if you tell somene my site is "team dash fortress dash 2 dash hacks dot net" he will (pick one):
    1. forget it
    2. be too bored to type it in
    3. type it in wrong.

Reason: obvious

freediver, Nov 9, 2007 IP