1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what does this mean in whois info?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by heapseo, Dec 6, 2005.

I am waiting to snatch a domain that is due to expire, whose renewal date was 2nd October 2005. It doesn't have a pending delete status or anything like that, it just says *** This Registration has been SUSPENDED ***. What does that mean? Im sure a few weeks ago it didn't say that.

heapseo, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  2. illuminati

illuminati Peon

Best Answers:
    They probably didn't pay the renewal on time. I'd keep an eye on it, it might be free any time.

illuminati, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  3. heapseo

heapseo Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah but normally it would say pending delete, and snapnames doesn't even give it a expiring date which it normally does regardless of when it expires. Very strange.

heapseo, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  4. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah this kind of situtations used to happen in past. Where people would bid some extra money in the aftermarket and then would not accept or fulfill the payments. That's why nowadays they ask for the creditcard numbers and account balances when you start bidding on a name.

If some guy gets into bidding and bids 1000 dollars and thne realizes that he doesn't has that much, The guy who was the second on the bid say if he bidded 900 or something gets a chance for buying this name. If he is also not interested now then this kind of situation arises.

keral82, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  5. heapseo

heapseo Peon

Best Answers:
    but this domain should not have even gone to the aftermarket yet. The renewal date was 2nd october soif shouldnt actually expire for a few weeks yet. It has had this message on the whois data fora while now.

heapseo, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  6. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh. Then Why don't you ask the registrar itself. But doing that may alert the registrar that you are interested and this may send it directly to the aftermarket. The best thing is to wait and see what happens to it. Just punce on it whenever it is available. Also if the name is too good to be lost then place a backorder on it.

Thanks.

keral82, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  7. heapseo

heapseo Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, I have already placed a backorder, have had it for a while - I am eager to get it, thats why i want to understand the situation! Ah well, guess I will just have to wait and see... thanks for yourhelp.

heapseo, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  8. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    Its all right. I also get into this kind of situations when waiting for names to get expire. You are welcome.

keral82, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  9. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    The other possibility is that it was a free registration through a webhost and the registrar is bound to the webhost and that could "bind" up the deletion for a few months, or the registrar also runs an auction or resale ... ?

wrmineo, Dec 7, 2005 IP