1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does the term "backlink acquisition" mean?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Best Seller, Feb 1, 2017.

I was on another site today, looking through the copy writing opportunities. One person posted a project seeking experienced article influencers with "backlink acquisition" knowledge. I've never heard that term before. What does it mean?

Best Seller, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  2. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    A back-link for a given web source is a link from some other web page (the referrer) to that web source (the referent). A web source may be (for example) a site, web web page, or web listing.
    A back-link is a referrals much like a quotation. The quantity and resources of back-links for a web web page are among the factors that Google's Page-Rank criteria analyse in order to calculate how important the site is.

robinymym, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  3. ClareWrite

ClareWrite Member

Best Answers:
    I have read a lot of content that states that in the past for article jobs. I think that means that they want writers that have accounts on high domain authority sites. Page rank is not really measured any more. How important a site is with backlinks, usually goes with the domain authority. So, if you write like I do and have access to wordpress sites where you post for your clients and are asked to link out to other sites. You can usually slip in a link in the post instead of it being a guest post that was paid for etc.

ClareWrite, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  4. Best Seller

Best Seller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. This was really helpful. I know what a backlink is, I just had never heard of the term "backlink acquisition" before.

Best Seller, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  5. VeronicaSmith

VeronicaSmith Member

Best Answers:
    "Back-link acquisition" does simply mean strategically gathering quality sources to build links there for your website.

VeronicaSmith, Feb 12, 2017 IP