1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does locking period mean?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by abbyh, Jan 29, 2007.

I am taking th following for an example.

Locking Period - Standard Actions lock on the 10th of the month, unless extended.

What do they mean by unless extended? I am confused about this. Someone please explain!

abbyh, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  2. testube

testube Peon

Best Answers:
    Companies have the option of "extending" when you get paid for another thirty days, to cover their butts in the case of product returns and fraud.

If they don't extend it, it gets "locked" on the 10th and you should get paid for it that month. Otherwise, they can extend it and you'll get paid the following month.

testube, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  3. abbyh

abbyh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks....

And do they get charged for extending?

Does ANY company have the right to extend?

How will CJ know that it was fraud it it really wasn't?

How do I know if they extended or not?

Thanks alot for the answers!

abbyh, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  4. nithiphat

nithiphat Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way is to mail your advertiser contact people. They are willing to answer all your questions. I guest. :D

nithiphat, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  5. abbyh

abbyh Peon

Best Answers:
    nope not hostgator, the support people tell me to email and the email people tell me to call support, noone can agree on anything!

abbyh, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  6. testube

testube Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I'm not sure how we know that they aren't lying about the returns or fraud. I don't know if CJ really has their hands in the details of the sales, or if they run everything on the "honor" system. But I would suspect that any company that screws their affiliates by reporting lots of fake fraudulent orders isn't going to last long. If anything, I'd think you'd run across a thread here about them, warning others to watch out. But with any affiliate sale, I suppose there is bound to be some risk involved. :(

As for extending payment, I don't believe that they are charged anything for it, but I don't know the in's and out's of their agreement with CJ. I have some advertisers that extend everything for the extra thirty days and others (like Ebay) that never do. It usually has to do with their return policy. Advertisers with a longer return policy may want to "extend" the payment beyond the limit of their return policy, so that they don't have to do some sort of chargeback on your commission if the item(s) are returned after you've already been paid.

The "status" will show as extended once it is no longer "new" and has been extended by the advertiser.

testube, Jan 30, 2007 IP