1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what does lead generation mean?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Theozard, Oct 20, 2006.

Im sorry if its in the wrong forum but i dont really dont know what it means, can someone please explain this thing to me please!

Theozard, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It means 'getting/finding new leads'. A 'lead' is a potential customer.

You can generate leads by conducting a survey, by ringing people up, doing email or direct marketing runs. When they respond and show interest, they are a hot lead. Then you work your leads and turn them into paying customers.

T0PS3O, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Lead generation is when you're providing customer / client leads to a company... kind of bringing the company and their customer base together. You contact the potential customers and basically tell them about the company and what they're offering ... could be cold calling, direct mail, email, etc. If you're doing lead generation for someone else, you'd often earn a commission based on how many customers you drive to them.

jhmattern, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  4. topaffiliateprogram

topaffiliateprogram Peon

Best Answers:
    in simple meaning , when someone clicks on your referal link and leave required info that could be used to generate business for company .

topaffiliateprogram, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  5. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is another definition one Copied from CPA Network & Affiliate Terms You Should Know.

Lead – The Information entered or sale complete for you (Publisher (Affiliate)) to get paid for a CPA offer you are running. Example - You run a CPA campaign for Free Ipod on your site where you get paid when someone goes to that site and enters their email. When the person enters their email this is called a Lead for which you are paid.

xboxundone, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  6. csampada

csampada Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi ... I recently attended a interview.. I was asked " how many leads did u generate?" I really didn't get the question.Can someone help me with this? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    csampada, Nov 24, 2014 IP