1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Does Everyone Think Of The New Digital Point Forum?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MobileInternet, Jan 20, 2013.

Personally i like the new layout and design, it's easy to use and the design looks clean and modern.

What do you guys think? Change is good right?.....

MobileInternet, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  2. SentoWeb

SentoWeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The new layout is indeed much cleaner, however veterans like me who are used to the old theme will have some troubles getting used to the new one. I am also sad to see that our iTraders are now gone, it won't be easy for developers to build reputation here anymore. The idea of having established members is also very good however some potential clients will be locked out of the marketplace, which is a considerable loss.

SentoWeb, Jan 20, 2013 IP
    ROOFIS likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I very much like it. itraders had problems with deals going awry and members getting their scores adversly impacted by people who wanted to get even. (you gave me a bad score so here's one for you!)
    Also the 25 posts minimum requirement was a bust. Now you need 3 likes, and in order to acquire these you need to impress long standing members with quality posts. This seems a more accurate indicator of a members character than a false itrader score. Should cut down on spam too I would assume.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 20, 2013 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  4. SentoWeb

SentoWeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I must agree with you about iTraders, I have been scammed like 4-5 times by DigitalPoint users and all I could do was to hope that they won't try to screw up my rating as well.

As for the 3 likes, it isn't easy to get those, members who are already "established" rarely post topics looking for help so most of the times your reply has no chance of getting likes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    SentoWeb, Jan 20, 2013 IP
    Colleen and Tommy Arnold like this.
  5. sanchyclub

sanchyclub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, everything will be fine. just think positive ;)

This new design is simple Awesome!! Smooth functionality, Great UX and also a very clean User Interface. I really liked it. Thanks DP

sanchyclub, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  6. ViperBlood

ViperBlood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The new looks looking awesome but i feel sad for iTraders

ViperBlood, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  7. gcttirth

gcttirth Member

Best Answers:
    I have been visiting our very own DP after a long, long, long time and I must admit the new look is awesome. I have never seen such looks on other forums, it makes navigating through the site a pleasure and the green color is just the icing on the cake.

Also, I find many new features added after my last login. Specially liked the established members mechanism as that will surely prevent spammers and make this place a cleaner, informative place as it was always meant to be.

gcttirth, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  8. hotguy640

hotguy640 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like these new version of Dpf

hotguy640, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the issue I'm having. Have been an active DP poster for a while now, had great iTrader and was able to post in BST section, and had a good rep. I've posted several helpful comments but getting the "Likes" seems to be completely random and slightly difficult to get due to the fact that its only newer members posting needing the helpful comments to begin with, or that the established members don't bother to like the posts.

My question is, is there a limit to the amount of times an established member can like posts within a certain time frame?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    ironcladservers, Jan 21, 2013 IP
    Colleen and SentoWeb like this.
  10. SentoWeb

SentoWeb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think so and I am pretty sure that established members wouldn't randomly like posts either, however a lot of useful posts never get the chance of being liked. I am still helping out newbie DPrs, it is fun, I am a veteran member myself, done a lot of business here, I just never posted too much.

SentoWeb, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good question and until I know otherwise I'll assume one can only like once in a 24-48 hour timeframe. Obviously newbies and those without any postcount to speak of can't give out likes.
    As to established members not bothering to like posts, I received a like yesterday from a member who has been here for years with a 2,500 postcount.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  12. pranay01

pranay01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The new layout is looking clean and modern, but we need to learn new DP rules and guideline .. i will take some time, but i am sure many people are available here to help new member

pranay01, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  13. RaPeRbOy

RaPeRbOy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Feeling sad about the iTraders, but now i feel like i`m surfing a 2012 website instead of a 2002 one :)
    Nice upgrade!

RaPeRbOy, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  14. RaPeRbOy

RaPeRbOy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can see that you are new here. How can you know about these improvements?
    Nice eyes, btw :D

RaPeRbOy, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  15. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm lovin' it! Gives me web 2.0 type of feeling.
    Looks great! Good work by Shawn as usual.

Oranges, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  16. edango

edango Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'm curious to see the overall feedback and long-term success with the new platform. While I don't "love" losing my itrader history which I had built over half a decade, I do think more limitations to the Marketplace for more verified members or those who wish to take the time to become an active member, is better. It helps the overall SPAM of the forum and keeps the quality level up.

One other aspect I noted but wasn't sure was accurate, was the flag assigned to my name? Is that only in the profile so far? But I do like that, proves my location and have had issues in the past where I hired someone who was from "New York" but turned out to be from overseas.

I'm also curious to see how the trophy points system works out and whether or not it is sufficient for showing the establishment and longevity of a user on a forum. Overall, the new design is pretty smooth and I'll definitely agree with a few others that the old template was getting to be exactly that: old. Excited to see how DP can continue to evolve to better serve it's member's!

edango, Jan 21, 2013 IP
    Oranges likes this.
  17. Mick2012

Mick2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think there was already a thread on this. But, I feel it's a very good move. I'm glad DP made it. I was getting bored of vB and the other style.

Mick2012, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  18. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it was a good move for the forum, it supplies more chance for development towards future tools that quite frankly would of been nearly impossible with the somewhat messed up code complied of 4 vb versions.

That been said, I think this is a great move. Theme is a lot better, as are features. I feel the theme is practically the same as well, just more modern so all in all, very good!

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  19. linksboy

linksboy Member

Best Answers:
    There are something difficulties to taste 'something new'. The design looks good, but i have to build my 'rating' from Zero again.

It seems Digital Point want to say 'Scammers Stay Away from Here'

linksboy, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  20. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    The rating part is not completely true. Your old sales before the merge still count for something. Check it out on your profile, I am sure people will still pay attention to that.

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP