1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does ?C=D;O=A mean?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by willyboy104, Dec 30, 2008.

Hey guys, one of my sites is ranked in Google and I noticed after the URL it has "?C=D;O=A" following it.

So for example

www.mywebsite.com/?C=D;O=A now it doesn't affect where the link sends them its the same page however I am wondering what it is and how I can get rid of it?

Will.

willyboy104, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  2. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you think it is Google adding it or it comes from your site? What is your site URL?

Eric

LinkBliss, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  3. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its coming from my site personally, not sure why though. I ve deleted the HTACCESS file thinking it may of came from there.

4. Paz

Paz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's an Apache server signature that I've seen as a directory listing (instead of index.php say) after a site's crashed - I don't remember the details though. I expect the site crashed momentarily and you were unfortunate enough to be crawled during that period..

I'd definitely block it with a robots.txt because it's a duplicate of your home page and if you get enough of those they can harm your rankings.

ie
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /?C=D;O=A

What were the contents of the htaccess?

Cheers,
    Paz.

Paz, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  5. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Paz. It was a redirect which I later on realised it was the wrong redirect so I deleted it. I shall add this to a new robot.txt file now.

6. Jaguarjace

Jaguarjace Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm positive i've seen this in folders before to arrange the dates file size and filename.

I think its got somthing to with arranging things.
    like this thread has ?t=1169054 at the end of it to arrange all the threads with numbers.
    just curious about this ;)

Jaguarjace, Jan 4, 2009 IP