1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does 00:00:00 mean in google Analytics?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by naveenjosh, Jun 19, 2013.

Hi friends,
    I was analyzing my analytics and suddenly a questions hits in my mind that what does this 00:00:00 (average time on site) means. there are lots of visits on my websites having 100% bounce rate and showing 00:00:00 avg. time on site. How could it be possible ?

Can anyone please help me.
    SEMrush
    My Best
    Naveen

naveenjosh, Jun 19, 2013 IP
    SEMrush
  2. naveenjosh

naveenjosh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am alone here..

naveenjosh, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  3. anuragswebstreet

anuragswebstreet Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using any auto generated script or tool to increase the number of visits in your Analytics??

anuragswebstreet, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  4. kanikaseo

kanikaseo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Time on site is calculated as the time spent between the first pageview of a visit and the last pageview of a visit. If your visitors are only visiting one page on your site, then there is no second pageview for that visit for GA to calculate an average time on site. In those cases, GA assigns a time on site of 0 seconds because there is no way to calculate how long a visitor spent on that page.

If you have only one page of your site tagged, or your site consists of only one page, it is likely that most of your visits will only have one pageview during their visit and have an avg. time on site of 0 seconds.

Also, the time on site is calculated by subtracting the time stamp of the final page view from the time stamp of the first page view. Therefore if a visitor only views one page, the time on site is 00:00:00

On the other hand, if you are using just one site you may need to use a javascript function which would create a virtual pageview, let's say every 5 seconds. Then you would get more relevant data any way...

Also you can read a great post on Time on Page & Time on Site by Avinash Kaushik here : http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/standard-metrics-revisited-time-on-page-and-time-on-site/

Hope this helps.

kanikaseo, Jun 24, 2013 IP
    khemraj likes this.