1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you write about?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Li Weng, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Connie Burstin

Connie Burstin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum.

We usually write for industries where we already have knowledge about the product/service. Most of the time, our affiliate clients hire our services for writing as well.

We don't feel comfortable on researching on an industry that we do not know anything about. This is because a good research takes a long time and we tried to write 1 article in a max of 1 hour.

Cheers,

Connie Burstin
    Email:

Connie Burstin, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  2. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts Member

Best Answers:
    Mostly in my industry. Business sector. However, I am great at researching the topics.

MisterEThoughts, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  3. river

river Active Member

Best Answers:
    I generally write about environmental issues or topics related to art.

river, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  4. Divyun

Divyun Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a webmaster so I generally write about the webmaster stuff at my blog at http://divyun.com
    I used to write about bogus stuff earlier in a subsidiary blog.

Divyun, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  5. experienceadvertising

experienceadvertising Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I have the hardest time find good, reliable, inexpensive (or at least very productive) writers...

experienceadvertising, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  6. OhMamaMia

OhMamaMia Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe your idea of productive is a writer writing 10 articles a day for $1 :D

I write about anything at the moment. I like trying different topics, even if it's something that I don't know too much about before I start. It's fun to learn something new every day.

OhMamaMia, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  7. experienceadvertising

Best Answers:
    No...But I think over-performing is always good to keep a boss happy :)

experienceadvertising, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  8. OhMamaMia

OhMamaMia Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, everyone should go the extra mile. That's good business :)

OhMamaMia, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  9. DrewAnderson

DrewAnderson Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm best at health, online life, interior design, and the webmastering, Adsense, making-money-online cluster of niches, but right now I write whatever I'm paid to write. The only niches I won't do are gambling, sports, or highly specialized technical topics (gadgets, car innards, etc.) because they require prior knowledge I don't have.

Sometimes it bothers me to do articles on topics I know nothing about and can't spend serious time researching. It's just throwing words on the page, rehashing the basics of zwerble farming because the basics are as far as I got in the time I could afford to spend on the article. Fortunately, those clients are looking for Google chow, not journalism. But doing a half-baked job, even if that's what the client wants, still leaves me feeling flat.

DrewAnderson, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  10. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    I just do allot of market researh into getting ideas and try to keep my mind open to new ways of getting info out there that people will like.

then I try to use the simplist and funnest approach to gettting the reader actively involved

ErikJ, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  11. experienceadvertising

Best Answers:
    Thats a really good approach!

experienceadvertising, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  12. gbartlet

gbartlet Peon

Best Answers:
    A writer should advertise his strongest topics and be willing to write on other topics. A good writer will be able to research and write on any topic. I specialize in health and religion, but I would be surprised if there is a topic I lack the ability (not the willingness) to write on.

gbartlet, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  13. Malena

Malena Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say also a mixture. it all depends.

Malena, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  14. houdini16409

houdini16409 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would have to say that I either write about the things that I know the best, because they are easy or write what a client needs. I work with several different clients, and they typically want me to write about trends.

houdini16409, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  15. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts Member

Best Answers:
    I usually write on Business/Technology and sometimes I write on Health/Fitness/Nutrition. I do however, write on other topics as well if it's interesting.

MisterEThoughts, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  16. whaldorf

whaldorf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you get to write about something you love the page fills up very quickly. But it's an excellent exercise to create content in an unfamiliar area because of the added research involved - it builds up your writing chops!

whaldorf, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  17. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a life, health and annuity agent as well as a licensed (and working) stock broker, so I specialize in those areas. I write a lot about health insurance and health topics, some business information and a ton of generalized finance topics.

Naturally, since I am a 3 dimensional person (4 dimensions after the Holidays:)) There are many other topics I'm passionate and knowledgeable about- or at least interested in. I'm branching out into travel writing, general beauty topics and some historical projects. The travel and historical topics take a lot more research, but I really love doing it. I can't wait until I have more time to spend researching different topics outside my comfort zone.

Y.L. Prinzel, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  18. houdini16409

houdini16409 Peon

Best Answers:
    I tend to write about things I know a lot about because it requires little research, and I feel my skills are stronger on topics I know a lot about.

houdini16409, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  19. writergirl

writergirl Member

Best Answers:
    I generally write what I know most about. I'm getting my master's in Health Education, so a lot of my topics tend to deal with health. However, I love anything to do with beauty, especially skin health, so many of my articles focus on natural beauty treatments.

writergirl, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  20. DocB

DocB Member

Best Answers:
    I usually write about what I know, but sometimes people will pick out aspects of it that I wasn't really concentrating on and I'll find myself being lead into totally new areas. Or they'll assume knowledge in a particular area which I don't actually have which will make me pursue it to round me out even more and fill in knowledge gaps, as well as get some insight into how others see me.

DocB, Jan 20, 2009 IP