1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you use to manage advertisements?

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by IanT, Dec 8, 2011.

I am looking for a way to help automate my advertising on my site: www.smftutorials.com

basically i want to sell ads to people (both banner and text ads) for specific prices. (not adsense or 3rd party stuff...but actual straight to companies like JoeShmoe Soap Co who wants to display a banner on my site (just an example).....What do you use? how can this be accomplished?

IanT, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi, personally I use buysellads.com which is a third party, they take their share of whatever price you set.
    Why do I do that instead of direct sales? Because I don't want to have to deal with the buyers. At least buysellads.com handles all stupid questions from buyers and refunds if they are entitled to them. Me I don't have anything to do, only approve ads, because I set it so I can review ads before approval. I think it is ok for me to "pay" buysellads in exchange for the trouble-free situation I have.

The bad side of course it is that the ads are javascript, and some buyers want hard links, so let's say I'm missing sales, probably a lot, but not providing hard link ads.. But my peace of mind is worth more in my opinion, I like free time and the less troubles with buyers the better for me.

So, I simply create a block, put the buysellads.com javascript in it (input filter PHP Code or Full HTML) and that's it.

JamesColin, Dec 15, 2011 IP