1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Do You Use For Comments On Your Blog?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Dean_Saliba, Jan 29, 2021.

I have been out of blogging for a few years and I'm making a return to it since the current Coronavirus situation means that my line of work is incredibly hard to come by and I need something to pass the time.

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of the bigger bloggers have stopped using the default comments feature that comes with WordPress.

What do you use? Facebook comments? Intense Debate? Or do you still use the default comment?

Dean_Saliba, Jan 29, 2021 IP
  2. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Dean,
    I think one of the reasons bloggers have stopped comments is the sheer amount of spam that can come in from bots.
    The default comment on Wordpress is still ok, you just need to physically check each and every one to see if you're happy to allow the comment to be shown under your article, otherwise it goes in the spam folder.
    Hope that helps.

Harvey Wolf, Jan 30, 2021 IP
    Dean_Saliba likes this.
  3. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I was well aware of just how much spam a blog can attract, I only ran small blogs and would get 100s of spam a day, so God only knows what levels the big bloggers received!

I've noticed the big bloggers I have followed have all abandoned the default comments feature in favour of third party ones such as Disqus, Intense Debate and Facebook Comments and their comment numbers have nose-dived from 100s a post to about 2-5 a post. I'm guessing they were only there for the back link.

I'm using Facebook Comment at the moment, but it is rather annoying that you won't get a notification of a comment unless you log into the Facebook Developer account regularly to check.

Dean_Saliba, Jan 30, 2021 IP
    Harvey Wolf likes this.
  4. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Agree, but at the moment have just made up my mind no spam is better than spam (so comments on the blog are on hold until further notice!)

Harvey Wolf, Feb 5, 2021 IP