1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think of the Ghost blogging platform?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by hmb_noC, Sep 22, 2015.

Link to the platform: https://ghost.org/

The general outlook of the ghost blogs looks nice and clean, but I would like to know if it is considered a good platform for blogging as an alternative to Wordpress and Blogger?

I like that it is open source and not very bloated, but on the other hand it does not seem to be very adopted in the community. What are your opinions?

hmb_noC, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  2. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still go with Wordpress. How many plugins we have for Ghost platform?

bluebelt91, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  3. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is an interesting idea. Actually, not just an idea anymore and I can see it as more active in the future. For example, I'm sticking with WordPress still, but if someone would explain to me and give me reasons to switch tp Ghost platform, I would consider it, I believe.

cwvps1, Sep 25, 2015 IP
  4. hmb_noC

hmb_noC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I haven't made the switch either. Compared to Wordpress the number of plugins in Ghost platform is negligible.

I guess the main selling point of Ghost is that the platform is super simple, it offers you most things you need for your blogging needs and nothing more - Wordpress evolved into a huge CMS / standard platform and it is quite heavy compared to Ghost. But like I said to bluebelt, I am sticking with Wordpress atm as well.

hmb_noC, Sep 26, 2015 IP
  5. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest, WP is super scalable and super flexible. It can get the same functionality and looks as Ghost with a plugin and a theme.

rsrikanth05, Oct 8, 2015 IP
  6. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will prefer WordPress over Ghost. Ghost blogging platform still needs more improvement and features.

iwebsocial, Oct 20, 2015 IP