1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think of the Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by mikhailblaze, Jul 15, 2015.

It seems kind of dark, unlike Marvel movies which have a lighter side to it.

*not meant to spark a Mavel vs DC debate, I love them both equally.

mikhailblaze, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I knew it was going to suck the moment Affleck was announced as the Bat. I have ZERO expectations for anything good to come of it.

While I liked the Nolan take on the Bat, taking that same darkness to Clarke just breaks the character, as the joke goes Bruce Wayne is batman, but Superman is Clark Kent. Some characters -- like the ultimate boy scout -- just shouldn't have deconstruction done to them. There's a reason I can't say I'm all that wild about the Arrow or Flash TV series.

You want to see it done right, stick to the WB animated. Hell, the acting is usually better anyways, and quite often the stories far, FAR darker. See "Batman Beyond, Return of the Joker" or "Under the Red Hood"

Much less "Batman: Assault on Arkham" -- which sadly had the bat shoehorned into it as they didn't think people would watch a suicide squad -- sorry, "task force X" movie... which of course is why they're now making a Suicide Squad movie... With Will Smith as Deadshot pissing off comic book fans everywhere... Especially people like me for whom Floyd Lawton is one of their favorite characters -- though I never thought I'd like Sam Jackson as Fury, but IT'S SAMUEL L. FREAKING JACKSON!!! Jackson leading the way is the only thing that will likely have me give Smith a chance in the role. Problem is, I just can't see Smith playing the character straight enough.

Really though, Kevin Conroy is Batman, Mark Hamill is Joker, accept no substitutes.

If you don't like the movie, I've got slides...

Well, to be fair, Greenwood and DiMaggio weren't TOO bad.

But yeah, capes? Costumed heroes? Kids stuff...

deathshadow, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    My thoughts exactly.

dcristo, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  4. thewalkingliving

thewalkingliving Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think he's going to pull it off but not as good as the old one, but i still think its going to be a great moviie just because its going to be like a smaller injustice luige movie.

thewalkingliving, Jul 20, 2015 IP