1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about VISTA?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The navigator, Jun 8, 2008.

1. spinit

spinit Peon

Best Answers:
    I used vista for a while.. Dint like it at all.. Switched bak to XP professional .. it still rocks for me.

spinit, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  2. Nattawat

Nattawat Member

Best Answers:
    I love the interface, it's so attractive that I can no longer go back to XP :p

Search feature is great as well, but there are some compatibility problems with the old programs/drivers.

Nattawat, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I've never had a problem with vista

btw.. I'm so glad you finally made this thread and asked the question :rolleyes: :p

Brandon Sheley, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  4. TechDudeDan

TechDudeDan Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like Vista, way better than XP and it has enchanced security features, some of my other techie friends say they don't like it but I have not had any problems.

TechDudeDan, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  5. bigrollerdave

bigrollerdave Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After sp1 came out and various other patches/fixes I would say vista is becoming a very stable operating system. I love the search feature it's so useful. Also I like how it tries to fix itself. When you have a problem connecting to the internet it will run the steps to get it back online. Before you would have to release and renew your connection and if that didn't work you would have to take the necessary steps to fix the problem. Vista does all this for you which saves time. All in all I think it's a good OS and will only get better as time goes on.

bigrollerdave, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  6. Social.Network

Social.Network Member

Best Answers:
    XP Pro is the one for me for both development and personal use. Note that Vista has NOT be adopted as M$ planned and OEM vendors are offering Vista to XP downgrades. This should tell you something, also M$ plans to support XP for a record 13 years. Vista is a huge resource hog and for a development machine it is useless.

Social.Network, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  7. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    have on xp laptop and one vista laptop and I hate Vista

I would put xp on the other one too if I had the disks

canam, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  8. bigrollerdave

bigrollerdave Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    95% of the people who hate vista hate it for all the same reasons everyone hated xp when it came out. I've listed them below in no order at all

1. People don't like change!
    Just face it you're used to Xp and you don't want to change. I bet you don't like office 2007 either do you?

2. The os had problems at the release
    Creating an OS that will run on millions of pc's isn't easy to do. You better believe that Microsoft tested their os thousands of times (if not millions of times) before its launch. You never really know what to expect at launch though. The good thing is that they release fixes and patches every week and now we have a stable os. Same thing happed with xp too believe it or not.

3. People don't have new enough hardware to support vista.
    This seems to be a major one I see. People have the resources to run windows xp a 8 year os but then they load a new os on their pc and it just bogs it down. You can't run Vista with anything less then 2gb of ram. I would say 4gb is ideal. People expect to buy a pc and never update it and their crazy. Technology doesn't stop just because you bought a pc 2 years ago an it's already outdated. Don't blame the os because you can't keep up with technology. There are pleanty of ways to speed up windows vista too.

4. Those annoying cancel allow buttons
    Those take about 2 minutes to turn off and you will never see them again

5. It's unstable
    After a ton of updates including SP1 the os is just as stable as windows xp is.

6. What's the point of buying it if Microsoft is going to release a new os soon?
    Well for those who remember Windows Longhorn was supposed to be released a few years after xp. It's release date was origionally 2003 but it kept getting pushed back and back. Then it turned into vista and that came out in 2007. Do you think Microsoft could release another brand new OS so soon especially after the huge uproar of mad customers who felt vista was a let down? Even if they did bring out a new OS soon would it really be that bad? Back in the 90's they brought out a new OS ever 2-3 years. All that means is technology will have to keep making advancements to support the hardware side of the OS which means the old technology will become a lot cheaper, not to mention that the previous version of windows would drop in price.

7. Vista is too hard to use
    I used to say that too. The fact of the matter is, it's easier to use and a lot more productive. You just have to relearn the OS to get the full benefits of the OS

These are just a few complaints that I see all the time. I would say 75% of the people just bash it because they don't know how to use it or they don't have the hardware to support it. Those of us that do have the hardware to support it and we actually took the time to learn it will get the full benefits of the OS and will actually start to like it more then xp.

I'm not even a Vista guru I actually purchased it and ended up going back to xp last year. After some time I put vista back on and took the time to figure it out. Now I see nothing but good things from the OS.

bigrollerdave, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  9. Unreal

Unreal Peon

Best Answers:
    I use vista, and don't really have many problems with it. I see many people saying how it's crappy, but I think it's fine.

Unreal, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  10. jlfrank21

jlfrank21 Banned

Best Answers:
    I bought the 100 dollar vista today and love it. Fast and beautiful.

jlfrank21, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  11. sanaa-s-1971

sanaa-s-1971 Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont like Vista that much because i have 3 laptops and 2 are XP and the other is Vista and i dont like the Vista that much becuase it kinda goes slower then the XP.. dont get me wrong it looks good but idk i guess thats my opinion

sanaa-s-1971, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  12. jlfrank21

jlfrank21 Banned

Best Answers:
    I'd say it boots slower but it's not big enough difference to cause a problem. I love Vista, I'm glad I upgraded. I'm now debating on upgrading from Home to the upgraded home version to Ultimate. Is it really worth it?

jlfrank21, Jun 28, 2008 IP
  13. easymultitracking

easymultitracking Peon

Best Answers:
    So far it hasn't given me very many problems at all. It's a good option with a new computer but I would probably still prefer XP in a new computer.

easymultitracking, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  14. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm running Vista on 1 GB RAM and it runs fine even with multitasking with different app running. I also have AMD Athelon 64 CPU.
    But I don't have any Anti-virus running, If I did my computer would be bogged down considerably.

Dollar, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  15. alwizbme

alwizbme Peon

Best Answers:
    Em.. my laptop has Vista Home preinstall.. so far it is ok but I never used much of that laptop so it doesn't really stretch of all its resources.. one thing that annoys me at first is that it keeps pooping up with windows asking for permission to do this.. to do that.. but in time you get used to in once you what is what..

:D

alwizbme, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  16. Misafir

Misafir Guest

Best Answers:
    I used vista but i didn't like than vista. It is too slow.. Xp is better than vista..

Misafir, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  17. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i heard its great if you are using a computer that can handle it, so since i havnt upgraded my computer dont use it very much, but time is running out and I will need a new one soon, so maybe it will be vista, but maybe i can collect enough coin to get a Mac :)

t2000q, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  18. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, when I upgrade it is either Mac or Linux. As soon as XP dies I'm leaving microsoft.

Sohan, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  19. zaqwsx3

zaqwsx3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting to see what the future holds for Microsoft, with the departure of Bill Gates and rumors the company are changing their tune with regards to open source software.

As for their flagship product, I have not used Vista - use XP, Linux, and OpenSolaris - each have their strengths and weaknesses. However I am curious to see what the replacement for Vista (rumored to be codenamed "Midori") will bring.

zaqwsx3, Jul 2, 2008 IP
  20. Chris Guthrie

Chris Guthrie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Posts like this are kind of funny imo.

The vista topic has been beaten to death.

Chris Guthrie, Jul 2, 2008 IP